Boiled eggs are a pretty tasty (if you like eggs) snack and the great thing about them is that they are very easy to make. You do not need to know how to cook to boil some eggs J. You will find that people will eat boiled eggs in a variety of ways. Some will add a bit of salt or pepper, while others may put them in salads or other meals.
One annoying thing with boiled eggs is they are extremely hot when they come out of the pot. Even if you let them sit for a couple of minutes, they can still be really hot and this makes it difficult to peel. Below, I will give 2 quick tricks that you can use to cool down boiled eggs.
Throw Them in Ice Water
Using ice water is by far the easiest and quickest method of cooling down your recently boiled eggs.
- Get a bowl and fill it with cold water.
- Put in a couple of cubes of ice.
- Take egg out of boiling water and put in the bowl of ice water
- Let it sit for a couple of minutes till it is cool.
- Enjoy your egg.
Put It Under Running Water From the Faucet
Another easy method to cool boiled eggs is by placing it under running cold water from the faucet.
- Put recently boiled egg in a spoon.
- Turn on cold water from the kitchen pipe.
- Place egg under the cold running water.
- Hold under the running water for about 1 minute.
- Remove, break shell and enjoy