You never know when you will need those egg whites! Maybe you are using a recipe that calls for egg yolks alone, so instead of discarding the whites, you can simply freeze them and store them for a later time.
Egg whites are pretty easy to store and the process is very simple. The great thing about egg whites is that you can store them in the freezer for up to 12 months and use them when you need them.
Steps to Freeze Egg Whites
- Separate egg whites from yolk
- Pour egg whites into an ice tray
- Once the egg whites are frozen, you can take them out the tray and place them in a freezer bag or container
- Label container/bag so you can have an idea when they were placed in the freezer.
- If you want to use egg whites in the future, take them out, place in a container and let them defrost inside the fridge.