How to Clean PS4 Discs Using 2 Quick Methods
How do you clean a PS4 disc? I can’t tell you how many people have asked me this question and I have made up my mind to just create a quick and to the point guide that should help out everyone.
There is nothing more annoying that playing your Playstation 4 and the game getting stuck/frozen because of smudges, dirt or whatever else is out there. It is VERY annoying and kills the enjoyment of playing your game. So how do you go about cleaning it? Well continue reading below to find out the best options available.
Get a Soft Microfiber Cloth
Before we get started, you should note that Blu Ray discs are pretty sturdy, they are hard to scratch, so you don’t have to be super gentle with them. It is important that you get a soft microfiber cloth to clean the disc, as these are not abrasive and you can rub the disc and not have to worry about scratching it up or damaging it.
Once you have that microfiber, you are ready to get down to business.
Use Your Breath
By far the easiest and quickest way to clean the disc is with your breath. It’s almost like breathing on glasses, fogging it up and wiping it off. Simple, quick and easy
- Breathe on the dirty Playstation 4 disc.
- Once you created a little ‘frost’, take the microfiber cloth and wipe the disc.
- It is a good idea to wipe from the center to the outer part of the disc. This will guarantee that you do not re-smudge it.
- If done properly, you should have the disc cleaned and ready to be used.
- You need to ensure that it is cleaned thoroughly, because there is nothing worse than popping the PS4 game back in and seeing it slightly glitching or getting stuck.
Use an Alcohol Solution
While the breath solution will work 90% of time, sometimes you might have to crank it up a level to properly clean the dirty Playstation 4 game! A popular option is to use a 50/50 solution of isopryl alcohol and water.
- Mix a solution of 50% isopryl alcohol and 50% water.
- Apply to the PS4 disc, it would be good if you used a spray bottle.
- Take soft microfiber cloth and wipe out from the center of the disc towards the edge.
- Make sure it is cleaned properly and all smudges and grime are wiped off.
- Once cleaned, take out and place inside the PS4 and enjoy.
As you can see, the steps above are all easy to do and it should only take you a couple of minutes to have the PS4 game clean and ready to be used.