It’s pretty crazy that that sandwich above has had me fixated for past couple of minutes. Instead of writing this article, I have just been staring and dreaming about a nice warm, crispy golden grilled cheese sandwich. Life is kind of unfair right now, but I have to finish this article as someone might be hungry and just wants to know how to rejuvenate this sandwich and get it piping hot!
If you ended up on this page, I’m pretty sure you want to know how to reheat to a grilled cheese sandwich. There are tons of different options available and I will look at them from the best all the way to the worst.
The Stove Top is Good to Go
Want to go about reheating your grilled cheese sandwich the right way, then the first option to consider is the stovetop. It is by far the best bet, as it is not only quick, but it will have that sandwich done perfectly, just the way you like it.
- Spray on some nonstick spray and heat up a skillet on a medium flame.
- Add some butter to each side of the sandwich.
- Throw that bad boy in the skillet and reheat each side for about 30 to 45 seconds.
- Flip and do the other side.
- Takeout, serve and enjoy.
As you can see, the process is really quick and in no time you can be munching away on one of the greatest inventions ever created.
The Oven/Toaster Oven is a Good Bet
Another great way to reheat your sandwich is by placing in an oven. While this is a bit longer, it will still be able to get the job done.
- If you enjoy golden greasiness, butter each side of the grilled cheese sandwich.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place sandwich on baking sheet
- Heat on one side for 5 to 7 minutes and flip to finish off the process.
- You should be checking, to ensure that you are not over doing it. The time above is a general guide and it could take a lot longer or shorter, depending on your oven.
- Take out and enjoy.
What About the Microwave?
I think the image above summarizes how I feel when it comes to reheating any type of bread in the microwave.
The answer is a resounding NO and should never be done under any circumstances. Your sandwich is going to end up being a soggy mess and you are going to regret the day you even thought about using the microwave. It is better to eat it cold, than even considering the nuke.