Best Way to Reheat a Latte
So you want to know if you can or how to reheat a latte? I really should start off by saying, ‘why would you want to do that!’ Fresh is always better, but if you have some leftover, it is better than nothing.
Before I get ahead of myself, yes, you can reheat a latte and the way to do it is pretty simple. Below I show you how to get it done and please keep in mind, that whatever fancy design you had, that will be lost in the process.
The Microwave is the Quickest & Easiest Way
If you really want a quick method to reheat your latte, then the microwave is by far the easiest and fastest option available. Once you pop the latte in there, after a couple of seconds, your drink is going to be steaming hot.
- If you have the latte in the original paper cup, you can put that in the microwave, if not, place it in a microwave-safe mug.
- You are going to microwave the latte at high and depending on the wattage of your microwave and how hot you want it, this can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Please keep in mind that if it was cold, the heating time might be on the higher side.
- Once heated, stir the liquid around and taste to see if it is heated to the level that you want it at.
- Once heated fully, take out and enjoy.
Not everyone owns a microwave and if you are in this population, you could always reheat your latte on the stovetop.
This is not going to be as quick as the microwave, but it will definitely get the job done. Please note, that you do not want to let it reach boiling point, because there is a good chance that it will become bitter or the milk will begin to curdle.
- Turn the stovetop on a medium flame.
- Pour the latte into a pot and place on the stovetop.
- You are now going to stir as it begins to heat up.
- After a couple of minutes, 2-5 (Depending on the heat of the stove), check to see it is at the desired temperature.
- Once it heated to your desired temperature, take out and enjoy.
- Remember to not let it boil, as you will essentially spoil the latte.
As I stated above, reheated latte will not be as good, as one freshly made, but if you can’t do any better, then giving it a quick reheat is better than nothing.