You may have some leftover crab legs from last night’s amazing dinner or maybe you bought a couple pounds of frozen crab legs and want to use them to create that special meal. The question that you all want answered is what is the best way to reheat them? No matter if they are king, snow or grilled crab legs, the following options will have them piping hot and ready to be enjoyed.
This is the most popular option when it comes to reheating crab legs.
- Boil a pot of water
- Get a colander and place crab legs on it
- Place colander over the boil water, so that it can get the rising steam
- Steam the crab legs for 5 minutes, or until the meat is thoroughly heated
As long as the crab legs you are heating up are not seasoned, then boiling is an ideal option. It is important to note that the legs should not be seasoned beforehand.
- Add seasoning to the boiling water
- Add crab legs and ensure that they are covered by the water
- Boil crab legs for about 5 minutes
Baking is another good option that will get your crab legs perfectly warm and heated up. The only disadvantage to this method is that it is not super quick.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place crab legs on non-stick baking sheet
- Bake the legs for 10 minutes or until the meat is thoroughly heated
Microwaving is not the best option available to reheat crab legs, as if not done correctly; you could end up with meat that is very chewy and rubbery.
- Put crab legs on microwavable plate
- Cover the crab legs with a damp towel
- Microwave on the highest settings for about 2 minutes
- The meat should be properly heated and perfect to eat.