It is said that the only way to enjoy French bread is fresh out of the bakery. Unfortunately, many of us keep it for days to the point where the baguette is tough or stale.
If you ended up on this page because you are looking for information on how to reheat French bread, consider yourself lucky.
Below, I’m going to highlight the different methods you can use, which will get the bread perfectly warm and soft like it was freshly baked.
So let’s get into it.
3 Best Ways to Reheat French Bread
There is something about fresh French bread! It is really fun to eat, absolutely delicious and when paired with the right food it is magical.
If you want to relieve that experience of a warm and fresh baguette, then you are going to want to reheat it.
The good news is that you have a couple of reheating options available to you.
You can reheat using either:
- The oven (works if it’s frozen)
- The microwave
Let us take a look at each option below.
You Might Like: Guide to Reheating Dinner Rolls
How to Reheat a Baguette/French Bread in the Oven?
The oven is definitely the go-go method when it comes to reheating French bread.
It will have the baguette not only perfectly warm, but soft and have it tasting like it is was freshly baked.
This is not a quick method, as it will take a couple of minutes, but it will definitely get the job done.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Moisten your hands with some water.
- Rub your hands along the French bread, so that the exterior is moist (not soaked).
- Wrap in aluminum foil and place inside the oven.
- Allow the bread to reheat for about 15-25 minutes (depending on the size).
- Once it is heated to the desired temperature, take out and enjoy.
How to Reheat Frozen Baguette/French Bread?
If you have a frozen baguette that you need to reheat, the oven will be the ideal option.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the French bread on a baking sheet and allow it to reheat in oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Once fully heated up, remove from the oven and serve immediately.
How to Reheat a Baguette/French Bread in the Microwave?
Another quick way to warmup French bread/baguette quickly is to use the microwave.
This is the go-to option for many, as it is quick and easy to do and it does not take a long time.
- Run a cloth under the tap so that it is just damp, not soaking wet.
- Wrap the French bread in this damp cloth.
- Place inside the microwave to reheat for around 15 to 30 seconds (depending on the size of the bread)
- Check to ensure that it is reheated to your liking.
- If ready, take out and enjoy.
You Might Like: Guide to Reheating Focaccia Bread
Wrapping it up
That’s it for my guide to reheating French bread.
Whether you are using the oven or microwave, once you follow the instructions above, you should have the baguette warmed up perfectly.
Now I’m curious to hear from you:
What did you think of the guide? Was there anything else you would’ve liked to see?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below.