There is something about fresh French bread! It is really fun to eat, absolutely delicious and when paired with the right food it is magical.
It is said that the only way to enjoy French bread is fresh out of the bakery. Unfortunately, many of us keep it for days to the point where the baguette is tough or stale.
If you ended up on this page because you are looking for the best ways to reheat French bread, consider yourself lucky. Below, I’m going to highlight the different steps you can try which will get it perfectly warm and almost like it just came out the oven.
Try the Oven
When it comes to reheating French bread, you’ll find that many people opt to use the oven, as it will get it reheated to the perfect temperature and consistency that they like. This is not a quick method, but it will definitely get the job done.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- Moisten your hands with some water.
- Rub your hands along the French bread, so that the exterior is moist (not soaked).
- Wrap in aluminum foil and place inside the oven.
- Allow the bread to reheat for about 15-25 minutes (depending on the size).
- Once it is heated to the desired temperature, take out and enjoy.
You Can Also Use the Microwave
Another quick way to warmup French bread quickly is by using the microwave. Many people go for this option, simply because it is quick and easy to do and should have the bread reheated in no time.
- Run a cloth under the tap so that it is just damp, not soaking wet.
- Wrap the French bread in this damp cloth.
- Place inside the microwave to reheat for around 15 to 30 seconds (depending on the size of the bread)
- Check to ensure that it is reheated to your liking.
- If ready, take out and enjoy.