Fresh French fries are a pretty tasty meal. They are a great compliment to burgers, fried chicken and good enough to eat by themselves.
If you love French fries, you will already know that there is nothing worse than eating cold fries. They taste awful and many times will have you wondering why you even think about putting it in your mouth.
So, is there a method that can be used to reheat cold French fries? Yes there is! Check out the different reheating options below.
How to Reheat French Fries: The Best Options Available
While there is nothing than fresh fries straight out of the fryer, reheating them is still possible.
As you already figured out, it won’t taste the same, but it is better than tossing them or eating them cold.
There really 3 methods you can use to reheat fries (stovetop, oven & air fryer). We will give in-depth instructions as to the best way to use each method, along with why the microwave should be avoided.
Stovetop: Best Way to Reheat Your Fries
While you will be essentially refrying your French fries, using a skillet, it is a quick way to get everything warmed up and tasting semi decent.
Below are the steps to take to get everything warmed up properly.
- Add some oil to a non-stick frying pan and make sure it is really hot.
- Once the pan is heated up properly, toss the French fries in, moving them around so that they are all heated properly.
- After a couple of minutes (1-2), you can take them out and place on a plate with paper towels (to absorb the extra oil).
- Once finished, you will have almost perfectly reheated French fries that tastes like you bought just got them from the store.
Oven/Toaster Oven: Another Way to Reheat Your Fries
The oven/toaster oven is another good option to consider when reheating your fries
While it the oven isn’t the fast option available, the results you get are not bad and you will definitely get them steaming hot.
- The key is to pre-heat the oven until it is extremely hot. Preheat the oven to about 450-475 degrees F.
- Onnce the oven is heated up, put the fries on a baking sheet and place it in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- When finished, take out, cool and then enjoy. The results are similar to what you had when they were first purchased.
If you want soggy, disgusting looking and tasting French fries, then definitely stay away from the microwave. This device will do nothing but ruin it……You have been warned!