Have leftovers and trying to figure out how to reheat grilled salmon?
You have three options available and we will highlight which ones are the best, along with step-by-step instructions how to properly warm up your salmon.
How to Reheat Grilled Salmon: The Best Options Available
If you have leftover grilled salmon that you want to reheat, you have three options available to you.
You can reheating using either the oven, stovetop or the microwave.
While all the methods mentioned above will get the grilled salmon warmed up pretty nicely, each option has its pros/cons.
We will take an in-depth look at each reheating method, highlighting the different steps that you should take.
Related: How to Reheat Smoked Salmon
Oven/Toaster Oven: Best Way to Reheat Your Grilled Salmon
The best way to reheat grilled salmon is by throwing it into the oven. It is not the quickest method, so expect anywhere from 15-25 minutes to get your meal warmed up.
Below are the steps to take to get this dish warmed up properly.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- place your grilled salmon on a baking sheet.
- Cook the salmon for 15-25 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 140 F (The amount of time it takes will depend on the thickness of the fish)
- Once finished, remove from the oven, allow to cool and then serve.
Stovetop: Another Way to Reheat Your Grilled Salmon
The stovetop is a quick way to reheat grilled salmon and it can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes to get everything warmed up.
We take a look at the steps you can use, when using the stovetop as a reheating option.
- Grease a pan with olive oil, butter or non-stick spray
- Heat the pan up under a medium flame.
- Place the grilled salmon in the now heated pan.
- You do not want to recook the fish, just gently heat it up, this process should take around 5-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- You will also want to flip the fish, to ensure that it is evenly warmed up.
- Once finished, take out, allow to cool and serve.
Related: How to Reheat Fried Fish
Microwave Oven: Quickest Way to Reheat Grilled Salmon
The microwave is the quickest option when it comes to warming up your grilled salmon.
You should note that you do not want to leave it too long in the microwave, as it could overcook and this is where the texture changes and it will taste rubbery.
- Place the salmon in a microwave safe plate or container.
- Microwave the fish for around 30 seconds to 1 minute (depending on the thickness).
- Check to see if the fish is heated up properly or still needs more time in the microwave. Zap it in 15-20 second intervals if there are some cold spots left.
- Once fully reheated, take out and enjoy.