They are oooey gooey, sooo not good for you, but boy o boy, Mozzarella sticks are a pretty tasty meal to have.
If you went to a restaurant or party and you have a couple leftovers you want to reheat, I am pretty sure you want to know the best way to warm them up back to their greasy goodness.
Do Not Microwave! You Have Been Warned
When it comes to deep fried foods, it is in your best interest to not use the microwave…EVER! If you are to try to warm up your mozzarella sticks in the microwave, you are going to regret that you ever thought about it. Deep fried foods warmed up in the microwave will come out soggy, rubbery and absolutely disgusting.
You should only use the nuke if
- Hungry and can’t wait
- Very hungry and can’t wait
- Extremely hungry/dying and need that cheesy goodness ASAP.
If you must reheat, go with either a toaster oven/oven
Throw the Sticks in the Oven
Nothing tastes as good as freshly made mozzarella sticks, but there is a good chance you can “almost” recapture that magical moment by reheating them in an oven or toaster oven.
The process is very simple and all it requires is that you have a little bit of patience 🙂
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- Get a cookie or baking sheet and place the sticks on the there
- Place in the oven and let them stay for about 5-10 minutes (this really depends on your stove)
- Take out and serve
This should be close to how you got it when fresh. So sit back and enjoy.
What if They’re Frozen?
If you have some tucked away for a rainy day, the reheating process is pretty quick and simple
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Place mozzarella sticks on cookie/baking sheet
- Place in oven for 8-15 mins (This depends on your stove)
- Your cheesorific treats should be ready to eat.