There is nothing better in the world than cold pizza and a cold beer. But since many of you that are on this page care not for the pizza goodness right out of the fridge, I am here to present you with the best methods to reheat pizza.
I can guarantee that once you read through this, your pizza PHD will be complete, as you will know have that secret knowledge of how to get that perfect reheated slice.
PLEASE DO NOT MICROWAVE YOUR PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot stress this enough, but microwaving your pizza is the surefire way to make it taste disgusting. Yes your pizza will come out hot, but it will also be very soggy and have no texture to it at all. If you have no other option, eat your pizza cold instead of microwaving it.
The 2 Best Ways to Reheat Pizza/Pizza Slices
Even though there are many ways to reheat pizza, there are only 2 that you should even consider. Forget about the microwave and the toaster oven if you want that cheeseorific center and crispy crust. If you want pizza perfection, then you are going to have to use either a heated skillet on your stovetop or your oven.
Method #1: On the Stovetop in a Skillet
If you want to use a skillet method it is ideal for reheating just a few pizza slices. I have been using this method for a couple of years and I must say that crispiness of the crust is outstanding. I mean even chefs agree that “you’ll get a crust that’s hotter and crispier than it was when it was first served.” ((Chef John. (2011, October 26). “How to Reheat Soggy Leftover Pizza”. Foodwishes.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2012-10-04))
Below is a step-by-step method to use a skillet to get perfect reheated pizza.
- Get your favorite skillet.
- Heat up the skillet on a medium flame.
- Place cold pizza in the skillet.
- Cover the pizza slices with a makeshift foil cover.
- Allow the foil cover to have some ventilation at the bottom.
- Depending on your stove top, you should heat your pizza slices for 4-5 minutes.
- Once finished, dig into your perfect crispy reheated pizza.
You can check out the video below to see the reheating of pizza on the stovetop using the skillet.
Method #2: Using an Oven
The oven is the better option if you plan to reheat a lot of slices or even a whole pie. This is another good option, the only downfall is that it takes longer than stovetop method and the crust doesn’t get as crispy!
Step-by-step method to use the oven to reheat pizza.
- Preheat your over to “450°F oven until hot (high heat makes the crust crispy)”((“Reheating Pizza”. Goodhousekeeping.com. Retrieved 2012-10-04))
- Place pizza slices or whole pie on a cookie baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and heat for 10 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble.
- Pull out of the oven and enjoy…yum yum.