Can you freeze baked ziti? I am pretty sure with the killer recipe you have, you probably made too much or you might want to cook it ahead of time, freeze it and enjoy at a later date. So is it possible? The answer is yes and when done properly, when reheated it would taste the same as when it was freshly baked.
Below I highlight the best way to go about freezing baked ziti. It is a very simple process and when done correctly, you will be able to enjoy this amazing meal just as it was intended to be.
- The first thing you are going to want to do is to make sure that the dish is cooled properly, before you even attempt at putting it inside the freezer.
- Once you feel that it is adequately cooled, you are going to wrap the container with plastic freezer wrap and also with two layers of aluminum foil. You can also cut it into the meal size portions, if you plan on space and old intervals when you eat it.
- Once it is all wrapped up, you can then place it inside a freezer bag.
- If it’s too big to fit inside a freezer bag, making this place it directly inside of the freezer.
- Frozen ziti can be stored for up to two months.
You can also can you freeze baked ziti before cooking. It would be the same process as mentioned above. Just remember when baking it, it is going to take a lot longer than if you were going to do it from scratch.
What About Reheating?
If you are interested in finding out how to reheat baked ziti, you can check on my quick guide. Here you can find out what options are best to use, especially if it is frozen.