How to Charge a PS4 Controller? Some Options Might Surprise You
How do you charge a PS4 controller? This is actually a very valid question and everyone knows that the best way to get the controller charged is by putting it directly into the PlayStation 4. However, did you know that there are other methods that you can use?
Well, it is a good thing that you landed on this page, as below I am going to highlight some other options you can use when it comes to charging your PS4 controller.
Plug it into the PS4
If you got a dead controller, the regular most people use is by putting it directly into the USB port of the PlayStation 4. This is actually recommended in many people think that it is only way, but I will discuss that some more below.
Right now I’ll focus on the regular method.
- Turn the PS4 on.
- Take dead or dying controller and plug it into the USB port of the console.
- You can either continue to play a game as it charges or you can let it sit until it is finished.
- When it is complete, you should be good to go.
Use a Phone Charger
This is a method that a lot of people are not aware of and it actually charges the controller a lot quicker than putting it directly into the PlayStation 4. There should be no concern about the phone charger destroying the controller, as they use the same voltage and it is the same micro USB slot, so you will work perfectly.
One advantage that this has overall doing its vibe console, is that it will charge a lot because you do not have to be sitting and waiting an eternity for it to charge.
- Take a phone charger that has a micro USB connection and plug it into a wall socket.
- Plug the phone charger into the PlayStation 4 controller.
- You can either continue to game are you can let it sit until it is fully charged.
Use Your Laptop
Another way to charge the controller that a lot of people do not know about despite putting it directly into your laptop. This will charge it with no problems, even though it won’t be as quick as using the phone charger method above.
The big advantages that you can be sitting in where ever you want to sit…
- Turn on your laptop.
- Take a micro USB cable and plug it into the PlayStation 4 controller
- Plug the other end into the laptop.
- Let it sit and charge or continue to game.
Other Charging Options
As you can see, you can use a lot of different options when it comes to charging, once it has a micro USB port and has a 5V output. So if you devices around the house that will charge other USB products, you could give them a try and see if the controller charges as well.