You are here because you want to know what options are available to reheat ackee and saltsfish.
Below, we take a look at the 2 must-use options, as well as other useful information.
Ready to get started, keep reading below.
Best Ways to Reheat Ackee & Saltfish
The best way to reheat ackee & saltfish is to use the microwave or the stovetop.
The two options above are equally good at getting things warmed up. Below, we give you a more detailed look at how to go about reheating this dish, using the stovetop or the microwave.
How to Reheat Ackee & Salt fish on the Stovetop
- Heat a pan/dutch pot on a low-medium flame.
- Add the ackee in the dutch pot (some people add a tablespoon of oil, but the ackee already should have enough oil in it when it was first cooked).
- Stir the ackee in the pot/pan and cover.
- Intermittently check, stir and cover until the ackee and saltfish is thoroughly reheated.
- Once fully heated, allow to cool and enjoy.
How to Reheat Ackee and Saltfish in the Microwave
The microwave is another quick and easy method to use on this savory dish.
- Place the ackee and saltfish in a microwave safe container/bowl.
- Cover the container/bowl with a damp paper towel.
- Microwave at medium temperature for 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Check the food to ensure it is properly reheated, especially in the middle.
- If it is still a bit cold, run the microwave for another 30 seconds, checking to see if it is heated properly.
- Once fini
Wrapping it up
When it comes to reheating ackee and saltfish, you really can’t go wrong warming the dish up in the microwave or on the stove top.
Both methods are really good at getting it steaming hot and you will not be disappointed with the outcome.
So get ready to enjoy your meal, just remember to throw in some fried dumplings and roasted breadfruit to make it complete.