How Do You Reheat an Apple Crisp? See The One True Method!
How do you reheat an apple crisp? Many people are against reheating this amazing dessert and then there are others who say it can’t be done properly. Whatever people are saying, ignore them, as you can reheat and warm up an apple crisp and it will come out almost the same as when you first made it.
So what do you need to get it all done? It is pretty simple you know, you just need an oven, some foil, the crisp and that’s it!
The Oven is the Only Way
If you want to enjoy your apple crisp, then the only option is to use the oven. It will have it just the way you like it and would prepare it perfectly for a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream as well.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the crisp in an oven safe dish.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Place the dessert in the oven and allow it to reheat for 15-25 minutes (depending on the stove and if it was in the refrigerator).
- If the crisp has a topping and you want it to have that same crispy texture, you could uncover it for a couple of minutes.
- Once it is perfectly heated up, take out and serve……..don’t forget the scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Some Say You Can Use the Microwave?
You can always use the microwave to reheat the apple crisp if you like, but the results won’t be close to if you had done it in the oven. The microwave has the ability to heat things up really good, but it is also good at making things very soggy. If you are in a hurry and don’t care about crispy goodness, then zap it and THROW IN THE ICE CREAM.