How do you reheat chicken Parmesan? Reheating is pretty simple, but I am surprised you actually have some leftover, as that dish is so good, it usually does not make it for a second go round 😉.
Below, I have done up a pretty short guide that will highlight the best options available to get your amazing chicken dish heated up perfectly.
If you want your chicken parmesan to be heated properly, the oven is by far the best option…despite it not being the quickest. Using the oven is going to take some time, but you can be sure that the dish will dish just as good as when it was originally made.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken parmesan in an oven safe dish. If it is still in the original dish, you can put that in the oven
- Cover with foil.
- Place in oven and allow the chicken parm to heat up for 15-20 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. This time could be a lot longer if you are reheating something that was frozen.
- 5 minutes before you are set to take it out, remove the foil and allow the cheese to melt and everything to get slightly crispy.
- Once you feel it has been reheated to the level that you want, take out and enjoy.
Note: You can also use the toaster oven, using the same instructions as above.
I am not a big fan of the microwave, but it is an option you can consider when looking to reheat your chicken parmesan. Some people are afraid of using the microwave because it won’t have the same taste/texture as if you did it in the oven. While I agree, if you just want to get it hot and not really worried about a heavenly taste…the microwave is a quick 1,2 option.
- Place the chicken parmesan in a microwave safe plate or container.
- You can cover it to ensure it does not mess up the microwave.
- Reheat on medium heat for 1 minutes and check if it is steaming hot. Especially, check the center as that is usually the last part to get heated.
- If it still needs some more heat, zap it for another 30 seconds to 1 minute for good measure.
- Once finished, take out, allow to cool and enjoy.
As you can see, reheating chicken parmesan is not something that is overly complicated. The oven and microwave methods can get your dish steaming hot and almost like when you first had it.