There really isn’t anything better than a steaming hot Jamaican beef patty right out of the oven.
Eating one is always a beautiful life moment, that truly needs to be enjoyed.
So, what happens if you have leftover patties that need to be warmed up? How do you reheat a Jamaican beef patty?
Well, today you are in luck. In the short guide, I am going to show you the exact steps that can be taken to properly reheat patties, using different options.
So, with that said, let’s get right into it.
Can You Reheat Jamaican Beef Patties?
Yes, you can reheat Jamaican beef patties, however, they are best when freshly made. Reheated patties can suffer in a change in the texture, as the crust won’t be as crispy and flaky, especially if they have been sitting for some time. The best way is to reheat a Jamaican beef patty is to use an oven or air fryer. This will ensure that you replicate the oven baked taste of when they were first made.
Related: Best Way to Reheat Empanadas
Best Way to Reheat Jamaican Beef Patties
When it comes to reheating a Jamaican beef patty, you can either use the oven/toaster oven or an air fryer. The microwave can be used to some degree, but the results won’t be the greatest.
Let us take a more detailed look at each reheating method below.
The oven/toaster oven is the best way to reheat Jamaican beef patties, especially if you’re trying to have the patty taste like when it was freshly made.
- Preheat the oven/toaster oven to 350 °F (177 °C).
- Take the Jamaican beef patties and place them on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet with the patties into the oven and let them reheat for 10-15 minutes (20-25 minutes if the Jamaican beef patties are frozen).
- Once reheated, remove from the oven, let cool and then serve.
the air fryer is another quick and effective method that can be used to reheat Jamaican beef patties.
The great thing about the air fryer, is that it heats up in a similar method like the over one and as such, the patty will be reheated, while still maintaining the crisp and flaky exterior.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 °F (190 °C).
- Place the Jamaican beef patty inside and let it reheat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Check to see if it has been fully reheated, if not leave in the air fryer for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Once finished, remove from the air fryer, let cool and then serve.
While the microwave is pretty good at reheating a wide variety of foods, when it comes to Jamaican beef patties, it is not the best option to use.
The crust of the beef patty is supposed to be very crispy and flaky. With the microwave, it can sometimes come out soft, mushy and soggy.
If you’re desperate or don’t mind that it won’t be 100% like it was when it was first made, then you can use the microwave. Just be sure to manage your expectations.
- Place the Jamaican beef patty on a microwave-safe plate or container.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute (depends if it was refrigerated).
- Check to see if it has heated up, if not microwave in 10 second increments until steaming hot.
- Once reheated, remove from the microwave, let cool and then serve.
Wrapping it up
Now that you’ve reached the end of the article, you should see that when it comes to reheating Jamaican beef patties, your best options are the oven or the air fryer.
Now I want to hear from you!
Did we sufficiently answer your question? Was there anything that we missed in this article that you wished we highlighted?
Let me know by leaving a comment below.