How do you reheat quinoa? I am pretty sure you landed on this page, because you want to make sure you are using the right methods to go about reheating this super food. The good thing is that when it comes to warming up quinoa, the process is actually pretty easy and it doesn’t take a lot of effort to get it perfect.
The step-by-step guide below will highlight the different options available and how you go about reheating the proper way.
Using the Microwave
The microwave is his easiest and quickest method to use when it comes to reheating quinoa. Many people opt for this as it gets the quinoa steaming hot in just a matter of seconds, while still maintaining the original taste and texture.
- Place the quinoa in a microwave safe container.
- If it is clumped together, you will want to try and spread it out evenly.
- You will now sprinkle some water (Not drown it) on it. You just want enough to moisten the grains, maybe use about 3-4 tablespoons of water.
- You can also cover the bowl or dish with a damp paper towel and use less water if needs be.
- Zap the quinoa on high heat for about 30 seconds. Check to ensure that it is heated properly. If not allow it to heat up for a couple more seconds.
- It should now be steaming hot, you can now take out, serve and enjoy.
Using the Stove
The stove top is another method to consider, but you should be aware that it takes a lot longer than the microwave. However, it still gets the job done and you can be guaranteed that the quinoa is going to get heated properly.
- Place the quinoa in a pan and place on a medium flame.
- You can add a little bit of olive oil or water to give it some moisture.
- You are going to want to stir the quinoa continuously over the medium flame.
- This process should take only a couple of minutes, but if you find that it is still cold, you will want to let it sit for some more time.
- Once it is steaming hot and fully reheated, you can take out and serve.