How to Reheat Refried Beans
How do you reheat refried beans? While it is best when freshly made, you can warm up refried beans pretty easily. The microwave and stove top are all excellent choices and if you keep reading, I will give you the step by step guide below.
When it comes to reheating refried beans, the microwave is the quick and effective option. Throw the beans in and zap them for a couple of seconds and you will have them steaming hot.
When reheating refried beans, you should be aware that the microwave does not heat everything evenly. So always check to ensure that the beans are fully heated up.
- Take the beans and place in a microwave safe container or bow.
- Cover the container with a damp paper towel
- Heat up at 50% power for about 1-2 minutes
- Stir the beans around just to ensure that you get even heating.
- Once you are finished, you can take out, serve and enjoy.
The Stove Top
You could also use the stove top as another method to reheat your refried beans. The stovetop takes a bit more time than the microwave, but you are still able to get the same results.
- Heat pan on the stove top and place the refried beans in there
- Add a small amount of water or chicken broth and stir the beans
- Constantly stir, just so that the heat is evenly distributed and that the beans don’t stick to the pan.
- After about 5 minutes, the beans should be properly heated up
- Take out and enjoy.