How to reheat sausages properly? The process is not overly complicated and when done properly, people can’t even tell that these sausages came from the fridge or were frozen.
Below, I will show you the 3 methods you can use to reheat your sausages, highlighting the quickest and most effective.
Can You Reheat Sausages?
You can absolutely reheat sausages and you have many options available at your disposal (explained below). When it comes to reheating food like sausages, the main thing you need to be aware of is that is reheated thoroughly.
According to foodsafety.gov, when reheating leftovers, be sure they reach 165° F. It is always good to use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature of the food. This will ensure that all the bacteria that could possibly make you sick are destroyed.
When it comes to reheating a sausage, the microwave is the quickest and most effective option available. It will only take a couple minutes to get it steaming hot.
- Place the sausages in a microwave safe plate/container
- Place a damp paper towel/cloth over the sausage
- Microwave on low for 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Some microwaves are not as powerful as others, so check to ensure that inside the sausage is fully heated. If not, continue heating for another 30 seconds.
- Once it is steaming out, take out, let it cool and enjoy.
If you are a fan of the oven over the microwave, then this is another option to consider. While it takes a bit longer, you can get better results, as the sausages tend to come out slightly crispy (depending on how long you leave them in)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place sausages on a baking sheet or Pyrex dish.
- Place the sausages in the oven and let them reheat from 10-15 minutes.
- If you have a food thermometer, you can check to see if the internal temperature is 165° F.
- If they are not fully reheated, you can leave them in for another 5 minutes.
- Once reheated, take them out and let them cool before serving.