After putting in hours of gameplay on Gears of War, Halo or Call of Duty, you can be sure that your controller is going to get dirty. I am pretty sure you are familiar with a gunky looking controller that is dirty and grimy, thanks to hours and hours of being used. Well cleaning the controller is pretty easy and below I will give you a step by step process of how to do it properly.
What You Are Going to Need?
Cleaning your XBOX 360 Controller is a pretty easy process and you honestly do not need to spend a lot of money as everything you need for the process is cheap.
Things you will need
- Cotton swabs
- Balls of cotton
- Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol)
Clean Your XBOX 360 Controller Sticky Buttons
The buttons on the controller are going to be the first things that need to be cleaned. These are going to be full of dirty and grime and you know at times if it is not cleaned, the buttons will begin to stick. So the process of cleaning the XBOX 360 controllers sticky buttons are:
- Use toothpicks and go in and around the controllers buttons removing all grime
- Make sure you don’t fore the toothpick under the buttons, as this can damage them
- Once the dirt is cleaned out, dampen the cotton swabs with alcohol
- Use the cotton swabs around the buttons, removing any excess dirt and grime that is on them
Clean Your XBOX 360 Controller Analog Sticks
Once your buttons are cleaned, then you need to move on to cleaning the analog sticks. Once again this is a pretty simple process and should not take a lot of time.
- Use the toothpick to get in and around the analog sticks and remove any excess dirt and grime
- Once this is done, take the cotton swab and dampen it with rubbing alcohol.
- Give the analog sticks a thorough cleaning, removing any gunk or dirt build up that is there.
Clean On and Around Your XBOX 360 Controller
Once the buttons and the analog sticks are clean, then the next step is to finish off the rest of the controller. There are a ton of crevices on the controller that will be filled with gunk and grime.
- Use the toothpick in the crevices to remove any dirt that may be in there
- Dampen the cotton swab with alcohol and give these areas a thorough cleaning
- Finally take some cotton balls and, damp it with alcohol. You should and go over the entire surface of the controller removing any gunk build up and dirt.
- Once you give it a proper cleaning then you are finished.
It is pretty easy to clean your XBOX 360 controller and it will only take a couple of minutes. To ensure that you do not end up with sticky buttons or a stiff analog stick, it is recommend that you clean your controller on a regular basis.