Nom-nom, looking at the fried rice above, got me feeling a craving that needs to be satisfied. It’s so crazy that a meal so simple could be so absolutely amazing. When you get that perfect rice with the right ingredients, it is pretty hard to not keep eating, eating, eating!
So you might have leftovers from last night’s dinner, or made a big batch and you want to store some for later. So the question is, what is the best and safest way to reheat fried rice?
The reason why I stressed safest is simply because rice stored in the fridge develops a host of bacteria very quickly. This is why it is absolutely important that you reheat it properly. Fear not though J, If you follow the instructions below, you will be A..OK.
Reheating in the Microwave
The microwave is by far the quickest and easiest method to reheat fried rice. In a couple of minutes you will be done and you will not be sitting around waiting to enjoy your meal.
- Place rice in a microwave safe container
- Heat for 1-2 minutes (depending on microwave)
- Check to ensure that rice is thoroughly heated
- Take out and enjoy
Reheating in the Oven
If you do not own a microwave, you can always take the time to reheat the fried rice in the oven. While it is not a quick process, it still gets the job done, you just need some patience.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place rice in an oven safe plate/container/dish
- Cover container with foil
- Heat up for 15-20 minutes
- You can mix it around, to ensure that it is evenly heated
- Check to ensure rice is fully heated
- Take out and get your eat on.
Reheating on the Stovetop
The stovetop is another good method you can consider. It is also pretty quick and you can get super creative by adding in extra ingredients.
- Heat up a wok with some olive oil
- When the wok is heated, throw in the rice and any other ingredients you may want
- Mix around until thoroughly heated
- Get ready to enjoy a fabulous meal
What About Egg Fried Rice?
I know many of you might have some concerns as it is related to fried rice that has egg in it. It is safe to reheat fried rice with egg. The most important thing is that you keep in mind that it has to be heated thoroughly. Remember that the egg was already cooked in the restaurant, so now you need to make sure that it is heated up properly. Follow the steps above and you should be good in a couple of minutes.