For some people, a Squishmallow is just a toy. For others, it’s an addiction. If you or you’re kids are in the latter camp and can’t get enough of these cuddly toys, you know that they are eventually going to get dirty (especially when kids get their hands on them).
If you want to be sure how you should go about washing dirty Squishmallows, then you are in luck.
In this article, we are going to take a deep look at the correct ways to clean and wash dirty Squishanimals, along with other useful information.
So, with that said, let us get into it.
What Are Squishmallows?
Squishmallows are all the rage with kids and adults alike. What are they, exactly? Well, think of something soft and squishy…like a super-cute plush doll.
The adorable stuffed animals can be used in a variety of ways. They can be nice cuddle toys, or you can use them as pillows for your head. Adults can even use them as cushions for an uncomfortable chair.
These Squishmallows are so cuddly cute and with so many available, It’s kinda hard to just have one.
Can Squishmallows be Washed?
Yes, Squishmallows are machine washable according to the manufacturers website.
While they can be washed, there are specific instructions that need to be followed to ensure that you do not damage your plush to the point where they’re no longer huggable.
Squishmallows will eventually get dirty, especially if kids are constantly playing with them.
Below, we give the step-by-step washing instructions that should be followed.
Squishmallows Washing Instructions
If you get your Squishmallows dirty, depending on what it is , you can either try to clean them by using wet wipes or by putting them in the washing machine.
We will take a look at how to clean them, depending on how dirty they are.
For small stains, you can spot clean your Squishmallows with some wet wipes or a stain remover.
- Take a wet wipe/stain remover and rub gently on the dirty area of the Squishmallow
- This should be done for a couple of seconds until the dirt/stain is removed
- If you find that the wipes/stain remover is not working, you can move on to the washing machine.
Washing Dirty Squishmallows in the Machine
As we mentioned earlier, Squishmallows are machine washable and this is the better option if you find they are really dirty.
Please Note: If you plan on washing Squishmallows in the machine, they should not be placed in there by themselves. Putting them with bedding or similar items will help to reduce the chance of them getting damaged and losing their squish uniqueness.
- Place the dirty Squishmallow in a pillow case and place with sheets, comforters or other similar items.
- Fill the machine with cool water. Hot water can damage the plush toy.
- Let the machine go through its washing cycle, then remove your Squishmallow.
- You can either let the plush air dry or place in the dryer on low heat or air fluff. If using the dryer, place the Squishmallow back in the pillowcase, as this will help them come out fluffy and retain their shape.
- After washing and drying, the toy might lose its shape. You may need to give it some squishes to get the shape back.
Please Note: When drying your Squishmallows, you should DEFINTELY NOT use an iron, hairdryer or other handheld heated appliance to dry them.