When it comes to reheating lasagna, there are only 2 options available. The bestest way, which is the oven or the lazy way, which is the microwave. Best believe both these methods will get your lasagna steaming hot, but they both will have their advantages a
Oven – The oven is the way to go, as it will give the lasagna that “almost” fresh baked feel/taste. Takes a long time to reheat and can be a pain if you are hungry.
Microwave – Quick method for reheating lasagna. 1-2 minutes and you are ready to dig in. If not done properly, lasagna could be ruined.
Heating up the Lasagna in the Oven
The oven should be your first option when it comes to reheating lasagna. The oven will bake it and having it tasting close to how it was when it was first made.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Poke holes in the lasagna with a fork
- Pour 1 or 2 tablespoons of milk to add a little bit of moisture to the dish
- Take lasagna and put it in baking dish or pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until all lasagna layers are properly heated.
If you have frozen lasagna and want to heat it up in the oven, then you can check out our post on that here.
Heating up the Lasagna in the Microwave
The microwave is the option of choice if you are in rush or just have a small piece of lasagna that you want heated up. It will get it steaming hot, but make sure that you microwave it properly to ensure that it does not come out dried up and tough.
- Take out piece of lasagna and place in microwavable container or plate
- Cover with plastic wrap or the cover of the container
- Microwave at the medium setting for about 1 minute
- Check to see if all the layers of the lasagna are thoroughly heated
- If not, continue using the microwave until it is heated properly.
- Take out and enjoy