A nice warm slice of freshly baked bread is pretty magical and it is truly one of life’s guilty pleasures. So you probably got a nice fresh loaf of bread or maybe made a batch and wanted to know the best way to freeze it for storage. Well you are in luck, as it is pretty easy to freeze bread and it can be done in a couple of minutes.
What you will need: Freezer storage bags, saran wrap and fresh bread
- Before you start, if the bread is fresh out of the oven, let it cool down fully before you attempt to freeze it.
- You will then take the bread and wrap it up in saran/plastic wrap.
- Once it is covered properly, you can now place it in freezer bags.
- It is a good idea to write the date on the bag so you can have a timeline for when best to eat by (It is a good idea to store frozen bread for up to 3 months)
- Close your freezer door and that is it.
That was a very simple process and as stated above , you can store frozen bread for up to 3 months. Also when it comes to reheating, it is essentially as easy as freezing it.
You can check out the video below to see the process in action.