Did you know omelettes are cost efficient and healthy (if done properly) meals that will keep you full for a very long time. They are also super easy to make and you can get very creative and add just about anything in them..
If you landed on this page, then you are probably trying to find out how to reheat an omelette. Worry not my friends, as I will give you different options that will make reheating this wonderful egg dish painlessly easy.
Can You Reheat Omelets?
I know many of you are wondering if you can reheat omelets? Yes, you can and they actually warm up pretty easily and maintain the same texture/taste as when they were first cooked.
This is a good thing to keep in mind, simply because omelettes can be a healthy meal and they are also easy to make.
Because of this, you will often find that some people will make them from the night before for a quick breakfast, or carry it with them to lunch, knowing that it can be easily reheated with no problems.
Related: How to Reheat Fried Eggs
How to Reheat an Omelette? See The Best Options Available
When it comes to reheating omelettes, there are a couple options to consider. The most used option, is the microwave, but you could also get this popular egg dish warmed up pretty quickly on the stovetop or in the oven.
We examine these reheating options below, providing you with step-by-step instructions as to how to reheat your omelette properly.
Zap it With the Microwave
Using the microwave to reheat omelettes is by far the quickest and best option available. While the microwave has a bad reputation for destroying foods, it gets a pass as a great option for warming up this simple egg dish.
- Place omelette on a microwave safe container or dish
- Cover with a damp cloth
- Microwave on the lowest setting for maybe 30-40 seconds, checking to ensure it is thoroughly heated.
- If heated properly, take out and enjoy.
Note: The reason why you want to use the damp cloth and have it on the lowest setting is that often times microwaves can overcook eggs and have them tasting rubbery and disgusting. Once you have it on the low setting, it can warm the omlett up properly without changing its texture.
The Stovetop is Another Good Option
While the microwave is super quick, you can also go about reheating an omelette on the stovetop. This is another quick method that should have you enjoying your meal in no time.
- Get a non-stick pan or regular pan and add some olive oil
- Allow the pan to heat up on a low flame
- Add in the omlette and allow it to heat up properly for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Once finished, take out and enjoy.
You Can Also Use the Oven/Toaster Oven
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Place the omelette on a baking sheet or oven safe dish.
- You are going to let it bake for 10 minutes or until it is heated to your liking.
- Once finished warming up, take it out and allow to cool before eating.
Related: How to Reheat Scrambled Eggs
Reheating a Frozen Omelette: What’s The Best Way to Do This?
Yes, you can freeze omelettes and when it comes to reheating them, the process is quite simple.
Frozen egg dishes like omelets hold up really well in the freezer and you should have no problem warming them up. Below, we look at the steps to take to warm up a frozen omelette.
- Take the frozen omelet, place it in a plate and let it sit and thaw at room temperature, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Once the omelet is fully defrosted, you can use any of the reheating options when mentioned above (microwave, stovetop, oven/toaster oven)
- Once finished, allow the dish to cool, then enjoy.
Wrapping it Up
As you can see, reheating an omelette is quite easy. Whether you are using the microwave, stovetop or an oven, it really should not take out anytime to get your omelette warmed up and ready to eat.
Because this egg dish warms up so easily and has almost the same taste as if it was freshly made, you can go ahead and make some before-hand, freeze them, or keep them in the fridge and warm them up whenever you are ready to eat.