It is always best to have scrambled eggs steaming hot, straight out of the kitchen, but sometimes that isn’t always the case.
If you are trying to figure out how to reheat scrambled eggs properly, then you are definitely in the right place.
In this short guide, we will highlight for best methods to warm up this popular egg dish, along with detailed step-by-step instructions showing you exactly how to do it.
So, let’s get right into it
4 Best Ways to Reheat Scrambled Eggs
While it is always best to have scrambled eggs freshly made, if you have to reheat them for whatever reason, you have a variety of options that can warm them up perfectly.
The 4 methods you can use are:
- Air Fryer
Let us take a more detailed look at each reheating option below.
You Might Like: How to Reheat Boiled Eggs
Reheating Scrambled Eggs in the Microwave
The microwave is quickest method you can use to reheat scrambled eggs.
It will get them steaming hot in less than a minute, but you should exercise caution when using the microwave.
If the scrambled eggs are left in too long, there is a possibility that they could come out tough and rubbery, which will generally make them inedible (This also happens when reheating fried eggs in the microwave).
- Place eggs in a microwave-safe container.
- You can add cheese to give it a bit more flavor.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap or a paper towel.
- Microwave on high for about 30 seconds – 1 minute. The time will vary as it depends on the intensity of the microwave
- Check and see if the eggs are properly reheated.
- If not, microwave in 10 second increments till warmed up to your liking.
- Take out and enjoy
Reheating Scrambled Eggs on the Stove/Skillet
The stovetop/skillet is another good option for warming up scrambled eggs.
It is not the quickest method, but it will get everything steaming hot!
- Heat a skillet or nonstick frying pan on a medium flame.
- Add a small amount of butter or oil to the frying pan/skillet.
- Place the scrambled eggs that you want to reheat in the pot and stir on a medium flame.
- If you want to get fancy, you can throw in some cheese, cream or add some vegetables (optional)
- Continue stirring the scrambled eggs until it is thoroughly heated.
- Remove from the pan/skillet, allow to cool and then serve.
Reheating Scrambled Eggs in the Air Fryer
If you want another quick way to reheat scrambled eggs, the air fryer is a great option to consider.
It is quick and should have everything reheated in less than 5 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 300°F (149°C)
- Place the scrambled eggs in the air fryer pan.
- Let the eggs sit in the air fryer to reheat for about 2 minutes.
- Check to see they have been reheated to your liking, if not let them warm up for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Once heated up, remove from the air fryer, let cool and then serve.
Reheating Scrambled Eggs in the Oven/Toaster Oven
The oven is another method that can be used to reheat scrambled eggs.
It is not the quickest reheating method, as it can take 15 minutes or more to get everything warmed up properly.
You also have to pay very close attention, as if you leave it in too long, you could end up drying out/burning the eggs or overcooking them.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (149°C)
- Take a baking dish and add the scrambled eggs.
- If you want to keep the eggs moist, you can add a bit of cheese, butter or cream, which will give it bit more flavor.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and place in the oven.
- Depending on how much eggs you are heating, it can take 15-40 minutes for the eggs to heat up.
- Periodically check to ensure it is heating properly, stirring the scrambled eggs to allow them to heat evenly.
- Once the eggs reach 165°F (74°C), they will be properly heated and ready to be served.
- Remove the scrambled eggs from the oven, stir, let cool and serve.
You Might Like: How to Reheat Poached Eggs
How to Reheat Frozen Scrambled Eggs?
I know many people freeze scrambled eggs as a make-ahead meal to save time.
So what happens when it is time to reheat this frozen product?
Ideally, you will want to first let them defrost.
The safest way to do this, is to remove the scrambled eggs from the freezer and let them thaw overnight inside the refrigerator.
It is important that the scrambled eggs are thawed properly before you attempt to reheat them, as there is a possibility you could ruin them.
You might find that that frozen scrambled eggs that are not fully thawed, might have excess moisture in it. When reheating, the moisture can make the eggs watery, changing the overall taste and texture of the eggs.
Once frozen scrambled eggs are fully thawed, you can use any of the options we mentioned earlier to get the eggs warmed up.
Wrapping it up
There are different methods that can be used to reheat scrambled eggs, depending on what you have available or how quickly you want them heated up.
So, which option from the list will you be using to warm up your eggs?
If you used any from the list, how did it turn out?
Drop a comment below and let me know your answers.