If you’re a fan of boiled eggs, you know they’re so versatile. You can add them to salads, make egg salad sandwiches, or eat them as is with a little salt and pepper.
But what do you do when you need to reheat boiled eggs that were already cooked? Can you warm them up and if so, how?
In this article, you will learn about the three methods that will help you get the perfect reheated boiled egg every time.
So, if you’re ready, let’s jump right in and learn how to reheat this egg!
What To Know Before Reheating a Boiled Egg?
Before we show you how to properly reheat a boiled egg, there are a couple things you need to know.
First, the method you use to reheat the boiled egg will depend on different factors.
- Is it in a shell?
- Is it peeled?
- Was it stored in the refrigerator?
- Was it frozen?
All of these factors will have an impact in how you reheat the boiled egg
When you’re cooking a boiled egg, there are many factors that can affect its readiness. But don’t worry! We’ll show how to cook them no matter how you stored them.
Just remember, the most important thing is to not overcook the egg when reheating it.
4 Best Ways to Reheat a Boiled Egg
There are a few different ways you can reheat a boiled egg and get great results. Here are our top three methods are:
- Re-boiling them if they’re still in the shell
We will now take a look at each method in more detail below.
Method 1: Re-Boiling If They’re Still In Their Shell
If you have hard boiled eggs that are still in a shell, then the easiest way to reheat them is by pouring boiling water on them.
This works best if they were soft boiled, as you the boiling water will cook them a bit more. If they were already hard boiled, then you might want to give them a little less time in the water.
- Put some water on the stove to boil.
- Place boiled eggs in a bowl or pot.
- Pour the boiling water over the eggs.
- You can let the eggs sit in the boiling water for around 5 to 10 minutes and they should be perfectly warmed up.
- Peel them and enjoy.
You Might Be Interested In: How To Reheat Scrambled Eggs
Method 2: Microwave Them If They’re Peeled?
The simplest way to go about reheating boiled eggs, is by putting them in the microwave. This is a really quick and reheating method, which should have them steaming hot in no time.
- Place eggs in a microwave safe plate/container
- Zap them for around 30 seconds to a 1 minute on high heat.
- If the eggs were in the fridge, you might want to do it a bit longer.
- Once fully heated, take out and enjoy.
Method 3 Reheating Them in the Oven
If for whatever reason you do not have a microwave, you can also reheat eggs in the oven. while this is not the quickest process available, the oven will get the job done.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place eggs in an oven safe dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Allow eggs to heat up for about 10 minutes, checking to make sure they are thoroughly heated through.
- If they were in the fridge, you might have to keep them there a bit longer.
- Make sure that they do not start to char, this is why you cannot keep them in too long.
You Might Be Interested In: How To Reheat a Fried Egg
Method 4: Reheating Using the Stove Top
You can also consider reheating them on the stove top. This is also another quick process and you can get really creative, especially if you want to have something more than just eggs alone.
- Heat a skillet with some butter or olive oil.
- Cut boiled eggs in 2 and throw into the pan.
- Stir fry for a minute or two till they’re hot all the way through.
- You can add some garlic, onion, cheese, and other spices to make a delicious dish.
- Serve with some chopped herbs, salt, and pepper
Wrapping it up
We’ve reached the end! I hope this article has helped you learn how to properly reheat a boiled egg. As you can see, there are different methods that you can use, depending on your preferences.
It is important to remember to be careful not to overcook the eggs, as they will end up having a rubbery texture.
If you have any tips or methods that you use to reheat boiled eggs, please share them in the comments below and let me know.