Is there anything better in this world than some warm apple pie? Apple pie is synonymous with feeling good and all tingly inside. It is by far one of the better tings ever created and right now, I am feeling like I need to have a big warm slice!
So what is the best way to reheat apple pie? The answer to the question really depends on how hungry you are and the quality that you are looking for. If you NEED a slice of apple pie right now, then you can always throw it into the microwave and hope for the best. If you want QUALITY and an almost replication of when the pie was first baked, then the oven is the best option.
Steps for Reheating Apple Pie in the Oven
The oven is definitely the best way to get an apple pie warmed up and ready to be devoured, the only negative is that it will take a long time to get heated up.
- Take apple pie out of the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to around 200 F
- Place pie in oven for about 15-30 minutes.
- You are just warming up the pie, not baking it all over again.
- Keep checking on the pie, as you do not want to burn the crust.
- Take out of the oven and serve.
Reheating Frozen Apple Pies
If you have a frozen apple pie, you might be wondering how to go about reheating it. I will give a quick guide to reheating an apple pie if it is frozen.
- Preheat the oven to around 350 F
- Put the pie on a baking or cookie sheet.
- Lightly cover with foil
- Place pie in oven for about 15-20 minutes. Use your judgment here, as some ovens can bake faster/slower than others.
- Once the pie is heated all the way through, take out, let cool and then serve.
Steps for Reheating Apple Pie in the Microwave
The microwave is pretty useful when it comes to reheating different foods, pies being no different. While the microwave is pretty quick, one of the disadvantages is that the crispy crust can sometimes come out soft and soggy. If you like crisp crust, then use an oven…If you do not care about all that, then zap away.
- Place slice of apple pie in microwave
- Use microwave setting of reheat
- Take out and serve with a scoop of ice cream.