If you landed on this page, then I am pretty sure you are trying to find out how to reheat a chicken pot pie.
Well, today is your lucky day, as this short guide will highlights the 3 best methods that can be used to warm up this popular dish.
You will also get step-by-step instructions, so you will be able to reheat your pot pie properly.
So, with that said, let us get right into it.
Can You Reheat a Chicken Pot Pie?
Yes, you absolutely can reheat a chicken pot pie. A chicken pot pie is often reheated if there were leftovers from the day before or if it had been baked and then frozen. Stores like Costco, Whole Foods, Safeway and Boston Market will often have ready to bake/ready-made chicken pot pies. Depending on how the pot pies are prepared, they can easily be reheated in the oven, air fryer or microwave.
How to Reheat Chicken Pot Pie: The Best Options Available
When reheating a chicken pot pie, there are a couple of methods that can be used to warm it up.
Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages, but you will be guaranteed that your leftover chicken pot pie will be steaming hot and ready to eat.
The best reheating methods are:
- Oven/Toaster Oven
- Air Fryer
Let us take a detailed look at each reheating option below.
Oven: Best Way to Reheat Chicken Pot Pie
If you want your reheated chicken pot pie to taste the same as when it was freshly made, then the oven is the #1 go-to method.
A conventional oven will have the crust nice and crispy (just like a reheated apple pie) and the inside filling will also be piping hot.
The oven is not instantaneous and It will take a couple of minutes to have everything heated up, so take the time into consideration before you start.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Cover a slice or whole chicken pot pie with aluminum foil.
- Place container with the pot pie in the oven and heat for 15 to 25 minutes.
- Check to see if the pie is warming up to your liking.
- You can use a food thermometer and once the internal temperature reaches 165°F, the pot pie will be properly heated and ready.
- Take out, allow it to cool a little and then serve.
Note: You can also reheat the pot pie in a toaster oven and get the same desired results
Air Fryer: Another Effective Way to Reheat Chicken Pot Pie
An air fryer is another kitchen appliance that is really good at getting leftover chicken pot pie reheated.
Because the air fryer is similar to a convection oven, the crust of the pot pie will be crispy/flaky and the even heat will ensure that the insides will be heated thoroughly.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C)
- Cut a slice of chicken pot pie and place it in the air fryer basket.
- Let it reheat for 4-6 minutes.
- Check to see if it is heated to your liking, if not let it reheat for another 2-3 minutes.
- Once steaming hot, remove, let cool and then serve.
You can also use the air fryer to warm up frozen pot pies.
You can take a look at the video below, which shows you the exact steps to take when reheating a chicken or meat pie that has been frozen.
Microwave: Quick but Not Recommended Method to Reheat Chicken Pot Pie
The microwave is the quickest way to reheat a chicken pot pie.
While you can have the meal warmed up and ready in a couple of minutes, if the chicken pot pie is not microwave properly, you could end up with a soggy exterior, changing the overall texture and taste of the pie.
The key to using the microwave to reheat is to ensure it is done at a low power setting.
When baked or fried foods are reheated in the microwave, they often come out soggy. Be prepared for the chicken pot pie to not have the same crispy/flaky texture as one of that is oven baked if warmed in the microwave.
- Cut the chicken pot pie into slices and place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cover the pie with a paper towel and place inside the microwave.
- Microwave the pot pie at the lowest power setting for around 1-2 minutes.
- Check to see if the pie is reheated evenly, if not microwave it for another 30 seconds – 1 minute, till it is steaming hot.
- Once heated to your liking, remove, let cool and then enjoy.
Wrapping it up
Now that we’ve reached the end of this guide, you should have a better understanding as to how to reheat a chicken pot pie, using either the oven/toaster oven, air fryer or microwave.
Now, I want to hear from you!
Did I answer all your questions with this article? Was there anything I missed or you wished I covered?
If you found this guide helpful, share it with a friend or let me know in the comments below.