How to reheat smoked salmon! I know you landed up here, cause you probably got a piece of leftover smoked salmon from last night’s shindig. It was amazing when it was piping hot and you want to recreate that magic…don’t ya?
Below, we show you the quick and easy way to reheat your smoked salmon.
Use the Oven to Reheat Smoked Salmon
When reheating your smoked salmon, the oven is your best bet. It does take some time, but it will get everything warmed up perfectly.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the salmon in a baking dish or baking sheet.
- Add a small amount of butter on the top of the salmon. The fish can get dried out in the oven, so the butter helps to maintain the moisture.
- Place the salmon in the oven for around 5 minutes.
- Use a cooking thermometer and check to see if the internal temperature of the fish is at least
- If it is, then salmon is finished and ready, if not leave it in for a minute or two, till it reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow it to cool a little bit before eating.
What About the Microwave?
Aside from stinking up your microwave, it is not a good idea to reheat your smoked salmon in it. The microwave can change the texture of the fish, especially since it is so delicate. Most people often zap it on high power and are totally disappointed when it comes out inedible. You can use the microwave, but I am not a fan of it and the oven gets you the best results.
If you do plan on using it, use the following steps.
- Place salmon in a microwave safe dish and cover with a damp paper towel
- Microwave at medium power for 30 seconds, then check to see if it is still cold.
- Repeat step 2 until the smoked salmon is fully heated.
Frozen Smoked Salmon
If you happen to have frozen smoked salmon, you can let it sit in the refrigerator overnight, before you apply the reheating method I discussed above.