Trying to figure out the best way to reheat egg drop soup?
We take a look at the best reheating options available, looking at the pros and cons of each method.
Well, let’s get into it!
The Best Ways to Reheat Egg Drop Soup
If you have some leftover egg drop soup from the night before and want to warm it up, the two best options available are:
Each of these methods are pretty good at getting the soup steaming hot. The good thing is they do not take a long time, so the process is not an overly long and drawn out one.
Related: How to Reheat Chinese Food
How to Reheat Egg Drop Soup in the Microwave
The microwave is the quickest method to reheating this soup. You should have everything ready to go in under 5 minutes.
- Place the egg drop soup in a microwave safe bowl/container
- Reheat the soup for 30-45 seconds (depending on the power of the microwave)
- Check the soup and see if it is heated to your liking
- If it I still cold or lukewarm, reheat at 15 seconds intervals till it is fully warmed up.
- Once reheated to your liking, allow the soup to sit and cool before enjoying.
How to Reheat Egg Drop Soup on the Stovetop
The stovetop is another good option to consider when warming up your egg drop soup. It is pretty quick and does not require much effort.
- Pour the egg drop soup into a pan/sauce pan
- Turn the heat to medium.
- Gently stir the soup until fully heated (Around 3-5 minutes)
Related: How to Reheat Egg Roll
Wrapping it up
If you are looking to warm up your egg drop soup, the stovetop and the microwave are really your best options.
They are equally good at getting the soup piping hot and you will have success with either one.
Now go out and enjoy your meal.