Trying to figure out the right way to reheat orange chicken? We provide a quick guide that highlights the best ways to warm up this delectable dish.
In fact, you can be sure that countless orange chicken lovers have used the methods below to reheat with great results.
With that said, let us show you how to get started.
Best Way to Reheat Orange Chicken
If you have orange chicken from Panda Express or homemade, when it comes to reheating this dish, there are only three options you should consider: The stovetop, oven and microwave.
These three reheating options will get the chicken dish warmed up in no time. The stovetop and oven are perfect choices, while the microwave is also quick, but should be used with caution.
How to Reheat Orange Chicken on the Stovetop
The stovetop is the best way to reheat your orange chicken, as it will almost replicate the fresh out of the pot experience.
- Pour a 1-2 tablespoons of oil (depending on how much chicken you are reheating) in a pan or wok.
- Turn the stove to a medium heat and allow the pan to heat up.
- After about 2 minutes, with the pan full heated, throw in the orange chicken.
- Stir until the chicken is fully heated up this, this can be anywhere from 1-2 minutes.
- Take out, serve and enjoy.
Related: How to Reheat Sweet & Sour Chicken
How to Reheat Orange Chicken in the Oven
Another great option to consider when reheating orange chicken is the oven. This method is not as quick as the stovetop or the microwave, but it will definitely get this meal steaming hot.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place in an oven safe dish and cover with foil.
- Place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
- A couple of minutes before it is finished, remove the foil.
- Once finished, take out the oven and allow to cool before serving.
Reheating Orange Chicken in the Microwave
The microwave is the quickest option when it comes to warming up orange chicken, but there is a catch.
Microwaves is the worst enemy when it comes to reheating fried foods, as it can have them turn out soggy instead of crispy.
Orange chicken is fried before the sauce is applied, so if you are using the microwave to reheat, you should use caution.
- Place the orange chicken in a microwave safe bowl/container.
- Cover the bowl with a damp paper towel.
- Microwave from 2-4 minutes (this depends on how much orange chicken).
- Check to see if the orange chicken has been heated up to your liking (Do not heat it in the microwave too long, as it will start to become soggy), once its heated, take it out)
- Once fully reheated, take out, allow to cool and then enjoy.
Related: How to Reheat Chinese Food
Wrapping it up
If you have leftover orange chicken that’s been sitting in the fridge, there are 3 go to methods that will get it steaming hot in no time.
You can’t go wrong or mess up using the stovetop, oven and microwave. All three are excellent options to consider when reheating this dish.