Want to know how to reheat Chick-fil-A nuggets properly?
Maybe you had leftovers sitting in the fridge but you want to enjoy that same great taste as if they were freshly cooked?
In this brief guide, we’ll share the top three methods for reheating Chick-fil-A nuggets. Each method comes with detailed step-by-step instructions, ensuring that your leftovers are just as delicious and hot as they were when you first received them.
Now follow along, as we explore the optimal ways to bring your leftovers back to life.
The 3 Best Ways to Reheat Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
When it comes to reheating fried foods like chicken nuggets, there are 3 go-to options I recommend you use:
- Air Fryer
- Oven/Toaster Oven
- Refrying them.
No microwave? Well, skip to the end why this is not on our list.
Now let’s find out how to reheat using the methods above.
How to Reheat Chick-fil-A Nuggets in the Air Fryer
The air fryer is by far the best way to reheat your Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets. It’s quick and will have them tasting like when they were first made.
Here are the Step-by-step instructions:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place the Chick-fil-A nuggets in a single layer in the basket.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until they are heated through and crispy.
- Remove the nuggets from the air fryer and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Note: It’s best to check the nuggets frequently to prevent over cooking and to ensure even heating.
- The air fryer is a quick and convenient way to reheat Chick-fil-A nuggets.
- It can produce a crispy exterior without using oil, making it a healthier option.
- The nuggets may not be as tender as they are when they are fresh.
Related: How to Reheat Fried Chicken
How to Reheat Chick-fil-A Nuggets in The Oven/Toaster Oven
That’s right, if you want to have these chicken nuggets reheated properly, then the oven/toaster oven is another good option.
It is not as quick as the air fryer and will take a couple of minutes, but best believe it will get the job done. You will be guaranteed to have your bite-sized leftovers nuggets steaming hot, crunchy and crispy.
Here are the Step-by-step instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place the Chick-fil-A nuggets on a cookie/baking sheet or wire rack.
- Cover with foil
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes
- Take out and enjoy, nom-nom. Hopefully you have some left over dipping sauces to really make it a proper meal.
- Consistent heating, which can help the nuggets maintain their texture and flavor.
- Good for reheating a large quantity of nuggets.
- The oven can create a crispy exterior, similar to when the nuggets were first fried.
- Longer cooking time compared to other methods like the air fryer or microwave.
- The oven requires more attention and monitoring to ensure the nuggets are not overcooked or burnt.
How to Reheat Chick-fil-A Nuggets in a Skillet
You can get it done a bit quicker if you reheat the Chick Fil A nuggets on the stovetop in a non-stick pan.
Refrying fried foods is not the best, but if you don’t have the time to wait on the oven, then pan frying is not a bad way to reheat.
- Add a small amount of butter, olive oil or cooking spray to a heated frying pan
- Throw in the nuggets from Chick-fil-A and keep turning them till thoroughly heated.
- Remember not to burn them, as you will be pretty bummed out if you do.
Related: How to Reheat Chicken Tenders
Reheating Chick-Fil-A Nuggets in the Microwave (Not Really Recommended)
The microwave is the least preferred method of reheating Chick-fil-A nuggets, and it should only be used as a last resort. To maintain the crispy exterior of fried foods, dry heat is necessary.
However, microwaving chicken nuggets often results in a soggy and rubbery texture, rather than the desired crispy exterior.
While the microwave is quick and convenient, it is not the recommended method for reheating Chick-fil-A nuggets due to the loss of texture.
If you do choose to use the microwave, place the nuggets on a microwave-safe plate and heat in short intervals, stopping to check the temperature and texture.
The nuggets may not come out perfectly crispy, but they will be hot.
How to Reheat Frozen Chick-fil-A Nuggets
If you have frozen Chick-fil-A nuggets, you can easily reheat them using any of the following methods:
- Air Fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400°F and place the frozen chicken nuggets in a single layer. Cook for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until they are crispy and heated through.
- Oven/Toaster Oven: Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 350°F. Place the frozen Chick-fil-A nuggets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are crispy and heated through.
- Microwave: Place the frozen nuggets on a microwave-safe plate. Heat in short intervals, stopping to check the temperature and texture, until they are heated through. The texture may not be as crispy as with the other methods, but they will still be hot.
Regardless of the method you choose, be sure to let the nuggets rest for a couple of minutes before serving. This will give the nuggets time to crisp up and for the heat to distribute evenly.
Note: Reheating frozen nuggets may take longer than reheating freshly cooked nuggets, so adjust your cooking time accordingly. Keep in mind that cooking times may vary based on the amount of nuggets you are reheating and your specific equipment.
Wrapping it up
Reheating Chick-fil-A nuggets can be done in several ways, including the air fryer, oven/toaster oven, and the microwave.
Each method has its pros and cons, and it’s important to choose the best one for your needs. I want to hear from you. Drop a comment and let me know how your leftover nuggets turned out.