Sometimes there are just so many recipes that I want to try – especially desserts and breakfast sweets – but I know that we’ll never get them all eaten in time before they go bad, we get fat, or the kids stop eating any semblance of real food in favor of all the sugar. What do I do then? I stash extra cookie dough in the freezer to use later.
- Cookie Dough
- Baking sheet
- Ziploc freezer bag
1. Create cookie dough using your favorite recipe.
2. Place cookie dough on baking sheet as if you were going to bake them.
3. Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze until the cookie dough gets hard.
4. Remove baking sheet from the freezer and place the frozen cookie dough balls into the Ziploc freezer bag.
5. Put Ziploc bag into the freezer for future use.
6. When ready to bake cookies, take out the Ziploc bag and let the cookie dough defrost on the baking sheet.
7. Once defrosted, place in oven and bake your cookies.