If you landed on this page, you more than likely want to know if you can freeze chocolate chip cookies and how to do it?
Well, you are in the right place.
In this short article, you will get step-by-step instructions showing you how to properly freeze chocolate chip cookies.
With that said, let us get right into it.
Can You Freeze Chocolate Chip Cookies? Should You Be Doing This?
Yes, you can freeze chocolate chip cookies and when packaged properly, you can store them in the freezer indefinitely. Ideally, it is best to use them within three months for maximum freshness. Storing chocolate chip cookies in the freezer is a good way to keep them fresh and you can always bake big batches in one go and always have some on hand whenever you need.
Related: Can You Freeze Gingerbread Cookies?
How to Freeze Chocolate Chip Cookies – A Step-by-Step Guide
The process for freezing your chocolate chip cookies is actually pretty easy and it will not take a long time to get everything set up properly.
Things You Will Need:
- Wax paper
- Plastic wrap
- Aluminum foil
- Freezer bag
- Allow Cookies to Cool – If you are freezing freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, the first thing you are going to want to do is take them out the oven and allow them to cool properly. It is never a good idea to put food hot food in the freezer.
- Stack the Cookies – Once the cookies are properly cooled, you are going to want to get some wax paper and place it between each cookie as you stack them.
- Wrap the Cookies – Once you have a nice little stack going, you are either going to put it in an airtight freezer container or you can wrap them plastic wrap. I suggest you use the plastic wrap as it is an added layer of protection and it will help to keep away the freezer burn or anything that could degrade the taste of the cookies.
- (Optional: Wrap with Aluminum Foil) – You should wrap it multiple times to make sure they are well protected and you could even turn it up some more by adding another layer of protection by wrapping it with aluminum foil.
- Store in a Freezer Bag – Once finished, you can now place cookies directly into a freezer bag or you could place the airtight container into the freezer bag as well.
- Label the Freezer Bag – It is a good idea to label the freezer bag, just so that you have an idea as to when they first went in.
Thawing Frozen Chocolate Chip Cookies
Before you are ready to enjoy those amazing frozen chocolate chip cookies, you are going to want to let them sit and defrost.
The best way defrost frozen chocolate chip cookies is to let them sit and thaw out at room temperature. This can take a couple of minutes or an hour.
After thawing, you can either reheat the chocolate chip cookies or eat them at room temperature.
Related: Can You Freeze Oreo Cookies?
Wrapping it up
Freezing chocolate chip cookies is a quick and easy process that is not overly complicated.
With this storage method, you can do batches of chocolate chip cookies and store them in the freezer for months until you are ready to use them.
Now that we are finished, I wanted to hear from you.
Why do you freeze your chocolate chip cookies? After freezing them, how were they?
Leave a comment and let me know.