Today, you are going to learn exactly how to make a Gatorade slushie!
I’ll start by explaining what you’ll need to make this amazing drink, along with step-by-step instructions on how to do it.
You will also learn about ways to customize this recipe and give you a few variations on it so that you can always have something new for yourself or your friends!
So, whether you’re looking for a summer drink alternative or just something to cool down with, read on!
People Really Love Gatorade Slushies
Before we get into the recipe, let’s just take a quick look at Twitter and see some of the reactions people have to this drink:
Seriously, people love Gatorade slushies! They’re refreshing, flavorful, and perfect for cooling down on a hot day.
Aside from being really tasty, they are also easy to make and don’t require any special equipment.
Let’s now take a look at exactly how to make a Gatorade slushy.
You Might Like: Can You Freeze Soda?
2 Best Ways to Make a Gatorade Slushie: Step-by-Step Instructions
While you can go to the convenience store and buy a Gatorade slushie, it’s just as easy to make them at home. In fact, there are two different methods that you can make this delicious drink.
You can either:
- Freeze it
- Blend it
I’ll start with the instructions for making one in the freezer
How to Make a Gatorade Slushie in the Freezer?
For the freezer method, you’ll need:
- Gatorade (of course)
- A Freezer
- The first thing you’ll want to do is take your bottle of Gatorade and place it in the freezer for 2-3 hours (This depends on the temperature of your refrigerator).
- After you’ve waited the appropriate amount of time, take the bottle out of the freezer.
- You will now crack the bottle cap to let some air in, close the cap, and begin shaking the bottle. You will see that the slush forms pretty quickly!
To see this in action, check out the video below.
How to Make a Gatorade Slushie Using a Blender?
The key for this second slushie method to be successful is frozen Gatorade.
- Ice Tray
- Pour some Gatorade in an ice tray and freeze it for a few hours. Don’t use the whole bottle to fill up the ice tray, as you’ll need some of the liquid when you are blending.
- Once the Gatorade has frozen, you can take the ice cubes and place it in the blender.
- You can also add a small amount of leftover Gatorade to help with the consistency of the slushy.
- Blend all the ice cubes and Gatorade together and after a couple of seconds, you will have a perfectly made Gatorade slushie.
You Might Like: Can You Freeze Orange Juice?
Gatorade Slushie Variations
Now that you know how to make a Gatorade slushie, let’s take a quick look at some fun variations of this recipe.
The easiest way to take your Gatorade slushie to the next level is to mix it with a variety of ingredients.
Some of the options you can try are:
-Grenadine for a sweet and tart flavor
-Orange juice for a citrus twist
-Lemonade for a tangy drink
-Soda for a bubbly refresher
-Frangelico for a grown-up treat!
The possibilities are endless, so go wild and have some fun with it!
Wrapping it up
So there you have it, an easy recipe for how to make a Gatorade slushie that can be made in two different ways. Whether you’re looking for a summer drink alternative or just something to cool down with, these slushies are perfect!
Plus, they are really easy to make and can be customized in lots of ways. So go ahead and give them a try! You won’t regret it!