How to Reheat Banana Bread Properly
How do you reheat banana bread? If you landed on this page, I am pretty sure that you are in need of some instruction as to the correct way to get banana bread warmed up properly.
The process of reheating is pretty simple, especially since you have so many options at your disposal. Below, I am going to highlight the best methods to reheat banana bread, some quick, others not so quick……but they all get the job done.
The oven, while slow, is a pretty good option to use when it comes to reheating your banana bread. It is going to take some time, but if you have a couple of minutes to spare, then the end result should definitely be worth it.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the banana bread in an oven safe dish.
- Place in oven and allow the bread to reheat for 15-25 minutes (the time will vary and this will often depend on if you are reheating it from room temperature or if you had it in the fridge/freezer)
- Once you feel it has been reheated to the level that you want, take out and enjoy.
When it comes to reheating some foods, I am anti-microwave, but the microwave is still a good and quick option that you can use to reheat your banana bread….especially since some people actually use it to make banana bread.
The amount of time that it takes to reheat your banana bread, will depend on if you are doing a slice or a whole loaf. So keep that in mind when you are getting ready to warm up.
- Take the banana bread and place in a microwave safe container.
- (Optional) You can place a damp paper towel or cloth over the bread to prevent it from drying out.
- Zap it for maybe 30 seconds to 1 minute (depending on the size and how cold it is).
- If you find that it is warmed up to your liking, take out, allow to cool and serve.
This is a bit different and depending on the texture of the banana bread, you could actually get away with reheating it inside of a toaster. The big challenge is that banana bread can be pretty crumbly and placing it inside of the toaster can cause it to break apart. If you find that your bread is pretty firm, then you could definitely go with the toaster as a reheating option.
- Cut the banana bread into slices that are big enough to fit inside of a toaster.
- Let it toast for the desired time and when finished, take it out and enjoy.