Have crab cakes leftover from last night’s amazing dinner?
If you are ready to enjoy them, you might be wondering how do you go about reheating crab cakes so they taste like when you first had them?
In this short article, we will go over the different reheating methods from the oven, skillet, air fryer and microwave.
You will also get step-by-step instructions for each method, along with outline highlighting which one is the best for you.
With that said, continue reading to learn more.
Can Crab Cakes be Reheated?
Yes, crab cakes can be reheated, but there are a few things to consider. Crab cakes contain breadcrumbs and eggs and you will find that when reheated, there is a chance it could get a little dry or overcooked.
When reheated properly, there is good chance you can almost replicate the taste like when it was freshly made.
The Best Way to Reheat Crab Cakes
When it comes to reheating crab cakes, there are a few different methods you can use.
It is recommended to use either the
- The Oven
- Air Fryer
Each method is unique in its own way and they will all have different pros and cons.
We will look at each in detail, as well as give you step-by-step instructions for each, which should help you decide which method is best for warming up your crab cakes.
You Might Like: How to Reheat Crab Legs
How to Reheat Crab Cakes In The Oven?
The oven is the best way to reheat crab cakes since it is slow warming process and will not dry out the crab cake if done properly.
It will take some time to get the crab cake to the desired temperature, so if you are in a hurry, this option might not be the best option for you.
- preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius
- place crab cakes on a toaster oven tray lined with foil or parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes, until desired temperature
- place crab cakes on a baking sheet
- bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes if crab cakes are cold, or 15 to 17 minutes if crab cakes are frozen
How to Reheat Crab Cakes In The Air Fryer?
The air fryer is a versatile cooking appliance that is capable of reheating crab cakes quickly and easily.
Air fryers cook food by circulating hot, dry air around the dish in a rapid motion. This method of cooking not only helps to maintain the delicious crisp to crab cakes, but it also allows them stay moist and tender during the reheating process
- First, preheat the air fryer to 350°F or 176°C
- Place the crab cakes on a wire mesh cooking tray and place in the air fryer.
- Heat up the crab cakes for about five minutes or until they are heated through.
- Once warmed properly, remove from cooking tray and serve immediately
How to Reheat Crab Cakes In The Skillet
The skillet is another recommended method that can be used to reheat crab cakes.
The good thing about using the skillet is that you can have crab cakes warmed up in just a few minutes and be able to cook them just how you like.
You can add extra ingredients such as butte, olive oil, cheese or sauces to the crab cakes while they are reheating, which give them extra flavor.
- Preheat a frying pan or skillet over a medium flame.
- Add olive or oil or butter to the pan.
- Once the butter/oil is heated, place crab cakes in the frying pan or skillet, and cook on one side for about 2-3 minutes. Flip over crab cakes and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Additionally, you can add extra ingredients to crab cakes, such as cheese or sauces to kick things up a notch.
- Once the cakes have finished warming up, serve them hot alongside with your favorite sides.
How to Reheat Crab Cakes in the Microwave?
While the microwave is a quick and easy reheating method, it might not the best option when it comes to crab cakes.
Crab cakes generally have a crispy exterior, due to their bread crumb coating. When microwaved, this exterior can become soggy, which significantly changes the overall texture and taste of the dish.
However, if you do not mind the change in texture and just want something warm to eat, the microwave can be a good reheating option
- Place the crab cake on a microwave-safe plate or dish.
- Microwave crab cakes for 20-30 seconds. Check periodically to see if heated to your liking.
- If still a bit cold, microwave in 10-15 second intervals until it is thoroughly heated.
- Once warmed, remove from the microwave and let stand for a minute or two to cool before eating.
You Might Like: How to Reheat Chicken Parmesan
Wrapping it up
We hope you enjoyed and learned something from this guide on the best way to reheat crab cakes.
You should have a better understanding as to which reheating method is best suited for warming up this popular seafood dish.
Now, I switch it over to you!
Which method are you going to use to get everything warmed up?
Leave a comment and let me know. Also, if you enjoyed this post, feel free to share it with your friends and family!