This post is a detailed guide that will show you how to reheat latkes (potato pancakes).
Learn about the best reheating method to use for this dish, as well as detailed step-by-step instructions.
So, let us get right into it.
How to Reheat Latkes (Potato Pancakes)
It is always best to have Latkes fresh out of the frying pan. They’ll be crispy, piping hot and oh so good.
However, if you have leftovers from the day before and you need to reheat them, you have a couple of options available.
The two best ways to reheat latkes (potato pancakes) are:
Reheat Latkes Using the Oven
If you are looking to maintain that crisp exterior and have it taste similar to when it was freshly made, then using the oven to reheat is your best option.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F or 177 °C (If refrigerated) or 400 °F or 204 °C (If frozen).
- Place the latkes on a baking rack so they do not touch or overlap each other. The baking rack allows the hot air to circulate around the latkes, which means they will be evenly heated.
- Reheat in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until the potato pancakes are crisp and they have reached an internal temperature of 165 °F or 74 °C.
- Once heated up to your liking, remove from the oven, let cool and serve.
Related: How to Reheat Pancakes
Reheat Latkes on the Stovetop
Reheating latkes in a frying pan is another effective way to reheat them.
- Add a small amount of oil to a frying pan and let it heat up on medium heat.
- Refry the latkes on both sides until it is crispy and it has reached an internal temperature of 165 °F or 74 °C.
- Remove the latkes from the frying pan, let cool and serve.
Do Not Use the Microwave
While the microwave is a quick and convenient way to reheat food, it should not be used to warm up potato pancakes.
Reheated fried foods will not have that crisp and crunchy exterior when done in the microwave. They will often turn out soggy and mushy.
If you enjoy the crispiness of leftover potato pancakes, then use the oven or the stovetop to reheat them.
Wrapping it up
Ideally, if you are going to be reheating Latkes, the oven is by far the best option. You can also warm them up on the stovetop if needs be.
Now that we’ve reached the end, I want to hear your thoughts.
Was there anything I missed in the article? Which method will you be using from the list above?
Let me know by leaving a comment below.