How to Reheat Tortillas in a Couple of Easy Steps
How do you reheat and warm up tortillas? If you love Mexican food, then you know that tortillas are super delicious and versatile. They go well with just about anything and taste absolutely amazing on their own. So how do you warm them up properly? Well take a look below, as I highlight the 3 best options available.
If you are looking for a quick way to warm up tortillas, then the microwave it definitely the best option available. You can have them steaming hot in just a couple of seconds and when you pop them out, it would be hard to eat just one.
So how do you do it?
- Place the tortillas in a microwavable plate.
- Cover them with a damp paper towel.
- Microwave on high heat for about 30-40 seconds (longer if cold).
- Check to see if they are fully heated up to your liking.
- Take out, serve and enjoy.
The stove top is another way to consider when it comes to reheating tortillas. This is a very quick method, even though you would only be able to do a couple at a time.
- Place a skillet on medium heat and allow it to heat up.
- Take out the tortillas and place it on the skillet.
- Let it heat up for about 20-30 seconds on each side.
- You want to make sure that it doesn’t stay on for a long time, as they can get burned quickly.
Note: If you are planning to do multiple tortillas, a good way to keep them warm till you are full finished is by placing them in aluminum foil and stacking them on top of each other. This way, the tortillas will retain their heat and once you are finished they will still be warm.
While the oven is the option that takes the longest time, you can use it to heat up the tortillas if you do not have a microwave or stovetop available.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap tortillas is aluminum foil.
- Place in an oven safe dish and allow to heat up for 15-20 minutes.
- Check to ensure that the tortillas are heated up properly.
- Once finished, take out and enjoy.
More Reheating Tips
- If you got some tortillas that are a couple of days old, all you need to do is brush them with water and then reheat them using the methods that we mentioned above.
- If you are going to be using the tortillas a bit later on and want to keep them warm, you can wrap them in foil.
- If you like them crispy, you can reheat the tortillas a little longer in the skillet.