If you landed on this page, you probably want to know how do you warm up and reheat tortillas?
In this short guide, we’ll take a look at the 3 best options you can use, to get this essential Mexican food heated up.
We provide detailed step-by-step instructions for each method, along with useful information.
So, let us get right into it.
Best Way to Reheat Tortillas (3 Best Methods to Use)
If you love Mexican food, then you know that tortillas are super delicious and versatile. They go well with just about anything and taste absolutely amazing on their own.
When you need to reheat tortillas, you have 3 options you can use.
Most people warm the up using:
Let us take a more detailed look at each option below.
You Might Like: How to Reheat Quesadillas
1. Microwave: Quickest Way to Reheat Tortillas
If you are looking for a quick way to warm up tortillas, then the microwave it definitely the best option available.
You can have them steaming hot in just a couple of seconds and you will find that most people learn towards this method, as it is so quick and effective.
- Place the tortillas in a microwavable plate.
- Cover them with a damp paper towel.
- Microwave on high heat for about 30-40 seconds (longer if cold).
- Check to see if they are fully heated up to your liking.
- Take out, serve and enjoy.
2. Skillet/Stove-Top: Another Quick way to Reheat Tortillas
Using the skillet is another method that can be considered when reheating tortillas.
It is also a fairly quick method, however, you will only be able to do a couple at a time.
- Place a skillet on medium heat and allow it to heat up.
- Take out the tortillas and place it on the skillet.
- Let it heat up for about 20-30 seconds on each side.
- You want to make sure that it doesn’t stay on for a long time, as they can get burned quickly.
Note: If you are planning to do multiple tortillas, a good way to keep them warm till you are full finished is by placing them in aluminum foil and stacking them on top of each other.
This way, the tortillas will retain their heat and once you are finished they will still be warm.
3. Oven: Use If You Want Crispy Tortillas
While the oven is the option that takes the longest time, you can use it to heat up the tortillas if you do not have a microwave or stovetop available.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Wrap tortillas is aluminum foil.
- Place in an oven safe dish and allow to heat up for 15-20 minutes.
- Check to ensure that the tortillas are heated up properly.
- Once finished, take out and enjoy.
You Might Like: How to Reheat Enchiladas
More Reheating Tips
- If you got some tortillas that are a couple of days old, all you need to do is brush them with water and then reheat them using the methods that we mentioned above.
- If you are going to be using the tortillas a bit later on and want to keep them warm, you can wrap them in foil.
- If you like them crispy, you can reheat the tortillas a little longer in the skillet.
Wrapping it up
As you can see, when it comes to reheating tortillas, you have many different options to choose from.
Now that we’ve reached the end, which method from the list above will you be using?
Let me know how it turned out, by leaving a comment below.