If you use your Macbook Pro on a regular basis, then you know that the screen is going to get dirty. There will be smudges, fingerprints, dust, dirt and grime. The screen can look totally awful, especially if you haven’t cleaned it in a while. The good thing is that if you have the right equipment, you can have your screen looking brand new in a couple of minutes.
What You Are Going to Need
To clean your Macbook Pro screen, you are going to need a couple stuff. You should get 2 micro fiber cloths, as you will dampen one and use the other to dry off. You should get a LCD cleaner solution, eyeglass cleaner, water & vinegar mixture or water by itself.
Before you start your cleaning process, please make sure that the Macbook is turned off. Even Apple stresses this in their cleaning guide. Moisture and electronics are a no no, so it is best to shut it off before you get to work.
- Take microfiber cloth and do a quick dust of the screen
- Take one of the micro fiber cloths and dampen it with your cleaning solution (never apply solution directly to the screen)
- Begin the process of cleaning the screen, going from one corner to the next
- Reapply cleaning solution to the cloth if you find that the cloth is getting dried out
- Once finished, use the dry micro fiber cloth and dry the screen off
- You now have a clean screen. Repeat process every month or whenever the screen gets dirty.
As you can see, it is pretty easy to clean the screen. Once you have the right products to get the job done, everything is a breeze and you can be up and running in a couple of minutes.