Fish fingers or Fish sticks bring back a lot of good memories from my childhood. It was such a delicious snack and just thinking of them makes me want some now. 🙂
If you ended up here and wanted to know how to reheat fish fingers/sticks, below, I am going to show you the exact steps to follow.
So, let us now look at the best reheating methods for fish fingers/sticks.
3 Best Ways to Reheat Fish Fingers
When it comes to heating up fish fingers you have 3 different reheating options available:
- Air Fryer
- Skillet/Frying Pan
Let us take a look at each of these options in more detail and see which one works best for your needs.
Your Might Like: How to Reheat Chicken Tenders
Method 1: Reheating Using the Oven
If you got some fish fingers that need reheating, then the oven is your best bet. It will only take a couple of minutes and when done, they should be crispy and super delicious.
The key to reheating fish fingers in the oven is to make sure that you do not leave them in too long, as they can come out too dry or burn.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place the fish sticks on a baking sheet and cover them with foil.
- Place in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the foil and let them set in the oven for another 5 minutes, so they get crispy.
- Remove the fish sticks from the oven, let them cool and enjoy.
Method 2: Reheating Using the Air Fryer
The air fryer is my go-to method I use to reheat chicken nuggets and since fish fingers are similar, it will also get them warmed up perfectly.
- Preheat an air fryer to 350F / 180C.
- Place the fish fingers in a single layer inside the air fryer basket or tray.
- Reheat for 3-5 minutes, or until they are heated to an internal temperature of 165F / 74C.
- Remove the fish sticks from the air fryer basket, serve and enjoy.
Method 3: Reheating Fish Fingers with a Skillet/Frying Pan
If you do not want to use the oven or you do not have an air fryer, another way to reheat fish fingers is with a skillet or frying pan.
Heat some oil in the skillet over medium-high heat until it
about reheating fish fingers is by throwing them in the frying pan. This can be a quicker process if you don’t have the time sit and wait for them to finish in the oven.
- Heat up a frying pan/skillet on a medium flame
- Put a little butter or oil in the pan and let it heat up.
- Throw the fish sticks into the frying pan and let them heat up for a minute or two.
- Flip them over and do the same thing on the other side.
- Once heated, let cool and serve with some ketchup, tartar sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
Can You Reheat Fish Sticks/Fingers in the Microwave?
The answer is no, you should not reheat fish fingers in the microwave.
While the fish fingers will be heated up, they won’t have the same crispy texture that you love. The crust will be soggy or mushy.
Fried foods reheated in the microwave are never good, because of the way the microwave cooks food.
So stay away from the microwave if you’re looking to warm up fish sticks, it is a no go!
There are some people who don’t mind warming up their fish sticks in the microwave. If you don’t care too much about the crispy exterior, you can check out the video below.
our Might Like: How to Reheat Fried Chicken
How to Reheat Frozen Fish Fingers?
If you have frozen fish fingers, look at the cooking instructions found on the box.
In most cases, they will recommend placing the fish sticks in the oven and baking them.
You can also use the oven or air fryer methods we mentioned earlier, you will just have to leave them in for maybe an extra 1-3 minutes (check to ensure they are reheated properly).
Wrapping it up
There you have it, three different methods for reheating fish fingers.
Oven, air fryer or skillet/frying pan- it all comes down to your preference.
Just be sure that you do not use the microwave, as it will ruin your fish fingers and make them soggy!