Fried foods are always good (not the healthiest option) and really delicious. When it comes to fried fish, it is a really amazing dish, especially if it is cooked just right and paired with the right sides.
If you are trying to figure out how to reheat fried fish, then look no further.
Below, you will find a comprehensive guide that highlights the best options to use when reheating fried fish.
I have personally used all of these the options and the results are pretty good.
So keep reading to find out more, as well as one reheating method you should avoid.
How to Reheat Fried Fish: 4 Best Methods to Use
While it is always best to eat fried fish freshly made, if you have leftovers stored in the fridge or freezer, it is possible to reheat it and have it taste as if it was freshly made.
The 4 best methods to use when reheating fried fish are:
- The Oven
- A Deep Fryer
- A Skillet/on the Stovetop
- An Air Fryer
We will look at each method in detail below, as well as answer the question that many are asking. Can fried fish be reheated in the microwave?
So keep on reading to get a detailed look at each method.
You Might Like: How to Reheat Fried Chicken
Method 1: Reheating Fried Fish Using the Oven
So how do you reheat fried fish? The oven is the best option and even though it will take some time (10-15 minutes), the end result is worth the wait. The food will come out as close to as when you first had it and that’s all that matters.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place fried fish on a baking sheet or oven safe dish.
- Allow the fish to reheat for about 10 to 15 minutes (depending on oven).
- Keep checking to make sure that it is fully reheated in the center.
- Take out and enjoy.
Method 2: Reheating Fried Fish Using the Deep Fryer
You could always use a deep fryer and re-do the fish; however I know many people do not have a deep fryer just sitting around the house. If you do, this is actually a really quick method, even though it is not the healthiest.
- Heat up some oil in the deep fryer.
- Throw in the fish into the fryer and allow to cook for around 2-4 minutes (You are reheating it, not recooking).
- Remove the fish out of the deep fryer and wrap in paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy.
Method 3: Reheating Fried Fish Using the Skillet
If you want a really quick method to reheat fried fish, then you can also do it in a skillet on the stovetop. This is actually a much quicker method than the oven and you will be able to have crispy fish in no time.
- Heat the skillet/frying pan over a low-medium flame.
- Add some oil to the skillet/frying pan and let it heat up.
- Put the pieces of fried fish in the skillet and refry them for 1-2 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fish) on each side.
- Once heated thoroughly, remove from the pan.
- Wrap in paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- After that enjoy.
Method 4: Reheating Fried Fish in the Air Fryer
If you have an air fryer, this is another quick and effective method to reheat fried fish.
The air fryer will have the fish not only steaming hot, but it will retain the crispy exterior I am sure you will enjoy.
- Place the leftover fried fish in the air fryer basket.
- (Optional) Spray the fish with extra virgin olive oil.
- Allow the fried fish to reheat at 320 Fahrenheit/160 Celsius for 6 minutes (3 minutes on each side)
- Once heated, remove from the air fryer, allow to cool and serve.
Can You Microwave Fried Fish to Reheat It?
If you want to warm up your fried fish quickly, you might be thinking that the microwave is a great option.
While it is quick, the microwave is not a method you will want to use with this type of fish.
Microwaving fried foods is one of the worst reheating methods you can use.
The main reason is that the microwave will generally cause fried foods to turn out soggy and not crispy like they should be. If you do not care about the crispiness factor and you just want to eat, then can go right ahead and warm your fried fish in the microwave.
You Might Like: How to Reheat Fish Fingers
Wrapping it up
Now that we’ve reached the end of the article, you should have a better idea as to the best methods available for reheating fried fish.
Now, I want to hear from you!
What did you think of the article? Was anything missing that you think we should have covered?
Let me know by leaving a comment below.
1 thought on “Best Way to Reheat Fried Fish”
This is so helpful. I love the 3 options. I never thought I could reheat fried fish in a skillet. Thanks!