Can Cinnabons Be Frozen?
The answer to this question is yes, you can freeze Cinnabons.
If you’re looking to store Cinnabons long-term or don’t want them to go stale too quickly, then freezing them is a viable option.
When packed and stored properly, Cinnabons technically can last indefinitely in the freezer. However, you are going to want to eat them before that time (preferably within 30 days), so they’re at their peak freshness.
Cinnabon themselves highlighted storage and freezing of their cinnamon rolls with a Twitter post back in 2013.
You Might Like: How to Freeze Donuts Properly
How to Freeze Cinnabons – A Step-by-Step Guide
The process of freezing a Cinnabon is pretty simple, but you are going to need a couple of items on hand to get the job done.
What You’ll Need
- Freezer safe container or bag
- Wax paper
- Plastic Saran wrap/Aluminum foil
- First, place your Cinnabons on a sheet of wax paper.
- Wrap them individually, ensuring that each roll is fully covered.
- To add extra protection, you can wrap the wax paper covered Cinnabon with a layer of plastic Saran wrap or aluminum foil.
- Place them in a freezer-safe container or bag and freeze.
- Label the bag or container with the date, so you know how long they’ve been sitting in the freezer.
Please Note: The added layer of plastic wrap/aluminum foil is optional, but it will help to keep the Cinnabons fresh for a longer period of time. It will also keep out any funky smells that might be lurking in the freezer.
You Might Like: How to Freeze Muffins
Thawing Frozen Cinnabons
When you’re ready to enjoy your frozen Cinnabon, you’ll have to thaw them out.
The easiest way to defrost a frozen Cinnabon is to take it out of the freezer and let it sit at room temperature till it is fully defrosted. This can take a few hours, so make sure you give yourself enough time for this.
If you want it warm and gooey like when you first got it, then you can check out our Cinnabon reheating guide here.
Wrapping it up
Now that you know how to freeze Cinnabons, you can stock up on your favorite baked goodies and always have some on hand for when you’re in the mood for something sweet and comforting.