Trying to figure out if you can freeze brownies and if so, will the quality degrade if left in the freezer?
This short article will answer those questions, along with highlighting information related to the freezing process that you will find to be very useful.
So, let us get right into it.
Can You Freeze Brownies?
The answer is yes; you can freeze brownies. When packaged properly, frozen brownies can be stored indefinitely, however, it is best to use them before 3 months. When thawed and heated, the brownies will have the same taste and texture as when they were first baked.
You Might Like: How to Freeze Muffins
How to Freeze Brownies: A Step-by-Step Guide
The process of freezing brownies is very simple and you only need a couple things to ensure they are packed properly for long-term freezer storage.
You Will Need:
- Plastic wrap
- Aluminum foil (Optional)
- Heavy duty freezer bags or container
- A marker
We will now take a look at the steps to take when freezing brownies.
- Cool Brownies Before Freezing – Baked brownies should be fully cooled before attempting to freeze them.
- Prep Brownies for Freezing – Once cooled, the brownies should be cut into squares or serving sizes with the use of a serrated knife.
- Wrap the Brownies – Take the plastic wrap and wrap the baked dessert thoroughly. You are going to want to make sure that it is fully covered, so wrap it a couple of times for good measure.
- (Optional: Wrap With Foil) – Wrapping brownies with an extra layer of aluminum foil is optional, but it adds another layer of protection. There are all types of strange scents that can appear and be absorbed by the brownies in the freezer. The plastic wrap along with the foil will help to keep them out.
- Pack in a Freezer Bag/Container – Once the brownies are wrapped, you will place them in a freezer container or a heavy duty freezer bags. If placing it in bags, try to squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing.
- Label & Freeze – Once the brownies are packed properly, they will be stored in the freezer. It is always a good idea to try and label the date on the bag/container. This will allow you to get an idea as to how long the brownies have been in the freezer; in case you have forgotten.
How Do You Thaw/Warm Up Frozen Brownies
If you are ready to use your frozen brownies they will have to be thawed.
To thaw them you can let them sit on the kitchen counter till they reach room temperature (This can be 30 minutes – 1 hour).
If you are in a rush, the brownies can be reheated in an oven directly from freezing.
We have an in-depth guide that looks at the best methods to reheat brownies, even if frozen.
You Might Like: How to Freeze Banana Bread
Wrapping it up
Freezing brownies is very easy and it is a great way to store these baked treats for use in the future.
If you have an upcomign party, you can always bake a batch, freeze, thaw and reheat them as needed.
There will be no change in taste or texture of frozen brownies.
Now that we’ve reached the end of the article, I wanted to know if there was anything we missed or did not cover?
Let me know by leaving a coment below.