Is there anything better than a funnel cake? Having one fresh, hot and crispy right out of the fryer is heavenly!
But what do you do if you have leftovers?
There is no need to worry, as there are different methods that can be used to reheat this sweet dish and we will cover them in this article.
So, if you are looking to warm up your funnel cake, continue reading.
Can a Funnel Cake be Reheated?
While it is always best to eat a funnel cake fresh and hot, if you have leftovers, then it can be reheated if necessary.
Please note that when you reheat a funnel cake, it will not be as crispy and the texture might change slightly, compared to one that was freshly made.
You Might Like: How to Reheat Waffles
The Best Ways to Reheat a Funnel Cake – 3 Methods to Use
When it comes to reheating a funnel cake, there are three recommended methods you can use.
The oven, air fryer are all excellent options for bringing leftover funnel cakes back to life.
The microwave is the least preferable reheating method as it can result in the funnel cake being soggy and the texture can change significantly.
With that said, let us take a more in-depth look at how to reheat a funnel cake using these methods in the following section.
Method 1: Reheating Funnel Cakes in the Oven
The best method to use for reheating a funnel cake is the oven or toaster oven.
The reason why the oven is highly recommended is because it is the reheating method that will have the funnel cake tasting the most like it did when it came out of the fryer.
Please Note: If you have powdered sugar on the funnel cake, you will have to remove as much as you can it before reheating it in the oven. The sugar can burn in the oven, resulting in an unpleasant taste.
- Preheat the oven to 300-400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the funnel cake and place it on a baking sheet or dish.
- Place the baking sheet with the funnel cake in the oven and let it reheat for around 5-8 minutes.
- Once heated, the funnel cake should be hot and crispy to the touch.
- Remove the tray from the oven, let it sit and cool before eating.
Method 2: Reheating Funnel Cakes in the Air Fryer
The air fryer has proven itself as another excellent option for reheating a funnel cake. With its high-speed air circulation, the hot air will be evenly distributed, allowing the funnel cake to retain its original taste and texture.
Please Note: Like the oven, powdered sugar should be removed from the funnel cake before warming it up in the air fryer. The taste of burnt sugar is not an enjoyable experience.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 177 degrees Celsius.
- Place the churros in the air fryer. If you have more than one, ensure that they have enough space between them so there is even heating.
- The funnel cakes should be reheated for 3-4 minutes. Check to see if it is fully reheated, if not, let it reheat for another minute.
- Once warmed, remove from the air fryer and serve.
Method 3: Reheating Funnel Cakes in the Microwave
While the microwave is not the best option to reheat a funnel cake, it is still a viable one if you just want it warm.
The microwave will cause the funnel cake to be soggy, a far cry from the crispy amazingness you had the day before.
If the change of texture is not a big deal and you care more about it being warm, then the microwave can be used. If the crispy texture is important, use the oven or air fryer.
- Get a microwave-safe plate and place a paper towel on it.
- Place the funnel cake on the plate with the paper towel and then cover it with another paper towel.
- Microwave in 10-second intervals, remove once it is warmed up.
- Let it cool, then enjoy.
You Might Like: How to Reheat Crepes
Wrapping it up
Now that we’ve reached the end of the article, you should have a good idea of the best ways to reheat your funnel cake.
The oven, air fryer and microwave are all good options to use, once you keep in mind that the type of heating method used, will determine how crispy it turns out.